The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! She is having a harder time hitting the litterbox with her looser poo...is that a sign of getting closer, even though she's still happy to eat the dry and wet food we give her?
best way to tell is temperature- it will drop a few degrees before she has kittens (below 100) and once that happens she will have kittens within 24 hours. that being said very pregnant cats DO NOT like their temperature being taken. In general I look for a tightness of the stomach, i can usually feel or sometimes see each (or most of) the kittens in their sacs, she will stair off into oblivion, look very restless, make a nest and lick a lot. I forget about cats but I know none of my dogs will eat the same day they have pups. or if they do they chuck it up after an hour or so. good luck with kitties!

Last edited:
I am setting barred rocks, black copper marans, and a few mix.
Nice!

I would like to join! I will set my eggs a little early! I will be at work tomorrow at noon!
smile.png
Welcome!

Quote: But it's an EMU!
celebrate.gif

I wait until day 10. I use one of those cheap $2 LED lights with the 3 AAA batteries in them (the ones that break within a month). They aren't 3000 lumen, but they work. A higher lumen light may show you veining earlier, though.

Did you clean it before testing it? I use Oxine AH to disinfect everything. I'm not sue what you have, either. I used dish soap in my styrofoam bators, a light misting of Oxine AH and then set them in the sun to dry. I use disinfectant wipes, the vacuum and Oxine AH on the Sportsman.

Nope I didn't clean it before testing... but all I did for testing was put water in and turn it on. I don't think I can buy Oxine locally :-/

Congratulations on the hatch! You want to share how many and what you set for the hatch a long?

[COLOR=0000FF]For the HAL I set 12 GS line HBRs from Fred's Hens, 11 BRs from my breeding pair, and 4 MW turkey last week. 25 total.

I have 12 Salmon Faverolles, 5 BYMs, and 4 BRs in the hatcher now.[/COLOR]

Great, I kind of wish I would have kept a breeding pair of MW! Do you mean 27 ?

Oops, yes. :th

The new incubator has yet to arrive so it looks like I'll just be using the brinsea mini tomorrow.
roll.png

But as soon as the new one gets here I'm filling it up!

I'm also waiting on a new bator. Finally! Today it says it's shipped. I will be putting Arielle's eggs in that one, with a turner I bought. And, some of the blues.

Hey Silkiesensation..still no eggs. :( Maybe tomorrow. Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen as last. No tracking number? I'm still good on Mon. to set for the hatch a long. Crossing fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom