The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, when to the barn to feed my horses and somebody left me another olive egg, so it's in the incubator - now that is 16 and I am done adding. I even put the pretty beige egg in the 'fridge.

You all are too enabling!
yippiechickie.gif

Got my eggs set this morning and worked all day. My total eggs set is 41. I have Birchen Marans, Olive Eggers, Rhode Island Reds and then had 7 spots left that I filled with cheeky barnyard mixes.

Total set - 41

I love my auto turners when I hatch using styros.

A word of advice though.

When though they have forty two positions, latest models have a cap over the position closest to the turner motor. That little puppy generates a lot of heat. I have never hatched an egg in that spot. As you have four spare positions, move the egg closest to the motor .

X's 2! Move that egg that's so close to the motor. Gets too warm! :)

I have been bottle feeding kittens for the past few weeks.. (well.. going on 2 weeks now)
mom cat gave birth in the evening.. then disappeared the next morning (she was a feral stray that "adopted" us).. haven't seen her since.. but she left these guys behind (5 total)
I started feeding them when they were barely 24 hours old...

pics taken today:
Snowball

Moose

Piglet

Jet

and Jack
aww, good for you! They eat like little piggys don't they? I have done this before. Looks like you are doing well with them. :)

I am joining the 2014 Hatch-along. I am a newbie, and I have no incubator. I am using a Prince Lionheart wipes warmer I saw in a box of old baby stuff. So far, the temp is 97°F and Humidity is 61% (using a moistened paper towel folded in the corner). I am testing tonight to see if I can put the eggs in there. I am putting a barrier between the bottom of the warmer and the eggs.
2 Cochins
2 Copper Marans
1 White Leghorn
1 Brahma

I think we are having bunnies tonight!
bun.gif

My two girls are nesting so hopefully by tomorrow I will have some not so cute little bunnies. They aren't like kittens, they take a week or two to get cute as they are born hairless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom