The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
frow.gif
I'm new here, and this is going to be my first hatch!!!!!
wee.gif
I am so SUPER excited!

I've been lurking around and learning from everyone here for a few months. My little flock consists of 2 Araucana/Silkie hens, 2 sweet as can be banties, and a quad of Salmon Faverolles (though through this site, I've learned only 1 or 2 are breeding quality...so searching for another 2 hens that are SQ or BQ :)

So the eggs I'm picking up are Import English Orpingtons (black and black cuckoo), just happened to luck out finding a local that has super nice ones. Tomorrow is my day off and I am determined to tackle the snowpocalypse we're having to get them and hang with a new friend who is sharing and hatching them with me.

I have so much to learn from all of you...and I know I'm gonna be biting my nails this whole time!
fl.gif
Welcome!!!!!
frow.gif

Hi! :frow  I'm new here, and this is going to be my first hatch!!!!! :weee  I am so SUPER excited!

I've been lurking around and learning from everyone here for a few months. My little flock consists of 2 Araucana/Silkie hens, 2 sweet as can be banties, and a quad of Salmon Faverolles (though through this site, I've learned only 1 or 2 are breeding quality...so searching for another 2 hens that are SQ or BQ :)  

So the eggs I'm picking up are Import English Orpingtons (black and black cuckoo), just happened to luck out finding a local that has super nice ones. Tomorrow is my day off and I am determined to tackle the snowpocalypse we're having to get them and hang with a new friend who is sharing and hatching them with me.

I have so much to learn from all of you...and I know I'm gonna be biting my nails this whole time! :fl  

I understand. I'm doing a test hatch before the easter hatch a long and its my first time. I'm nervous and impatient. I can't wait till I see little swimmers in the eggs.

Best cheap humidity pads or wicks for the sportsman?

Or other cheap ways to raise the humidity.  I have the water bucket that fills the sportsman pan but those pads are pricy imo.

I agree, a little pricey... I was thinking of trying humidifier filters in my Leahy... actually, I just had another thought... what about the large sponges like you use for washing cars? Put in enough to fit the area you need, and should be able to get packs of them cheap at a dollar store... just a thought... :)

Hi!
frow.gif
I'm new here, and this is going to be my first hatch!!!!!
wee.gif
I am so SUPER excited!

I've been lurking around and learning from everyone here for a few months. My little flock consists of 2 Araucana/Silkie hens, 2 sweet as can be banties, and a quad of Salmon Faverolles (though through this site, I've learned only 1 or 2 are breeding quality...so searching for another 2 hens that are SQ or BQ :)

So the eggs I'm picking up are Import English Orpingtons (black and black cuckoo), just happened to luck out finding a local that has super nice ones. Tomorrow is my day off and I am determined to tackle the snowpocalypse we're having to get them and hang with a new friend who is sharing and hatching them with me.

I have so much to learn from all of you...and I know I'm gonna be biting my nails this whole time!
fl.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome :) In my excitement I didn't realize I was posting in the wrong Thread
hide.gif
I'm going to be setting eggs this week...BUT I may actually have some for the Easter hatch-a-long cause I'm waiting for a friend's hens to start laying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom