The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
x2....... Comes back grounded and less allowance
6a00d834516a0869e2016760f339c3970b-800wi
gig.gif

Can a cheap sytrofoam bator be used successfully as a hatcher? Any other suggestions for cheap hatchers? Anything specific that is more inportant in a hatcher rather then the incubator? I know I need good airflow and don't need to worry about turners; anything else? I've finally feel comfortable with my beginning incubation skills and I'm wanting to be able to do staggered hatches but cant justify the expense of purchasing another Brinsea 20. Thanx!
~Amisa
I use an older Little Giant incubator with the fan attachment and egg turner and my last hatch hatched 13/16. So I am happy with that. I did switch to the dry incubation method for the first 17 days. I've read that a lot of people especially with the foam bators that have had not so great hatches that have switched to the dry method have had much better results.

Yep, they work fine for hatchers. My hovabator cleans up easily with bleach and water. The hardest part to clean is the hardware cloth. But if you put down the rubbery shelf liner, it keeps it pretty clean.
I use the rubber shelf liner and it really does make it much easier to clean. (And you can get the liner right at the dollar store!)

They are so cute! What breed are the gray/yellow ones in the second pic? I don't think I have ever seen any quite like that.
I see now that I am not the only one that asked that question....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom