The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I haven't been on here for long but I saw people start to post how many eggs they set so I guess I'll tell how many too. I am setting 6 eggs because I am a first timer with chickens and all. I honestly don't know if I'm doing this right!
idunno.gif
Here is a pic of my eggs, we made the incubator.

campingshaw....anything with caine in the ingredients you wanna stay away from...everything else should be good to go...so just check the label

Hey I haven't been on here for long but I saw people start to post how many eggs they set so I guess I'll tell how many too. I am setting 6 eggs because I am a first timer with chickens and all. I honestly don't know if I'm doing this right!
idunno.gif
Here is a pic of my eggs, we made the incubator.
F is a little baby football!!! lol

Hey I haven't been on here for long but I saw people start to post how many eggs they set so I guess I'll tell how many too. I am setting 6 eggs because I am a first timer with chickens and all. I honestly don't know if I'm doing this right! :idunno Here is a pic of my eggs, we made the incubator.
ACE! Sweet! I hope they all hatch! And your bator looks great!

@Happy Chooks so if a contestant had to withdraw because they won't be home at/after hatch time, and I bought their eggs, can I set theirs for them so they are still eligible? I have tons of my own eggs for myself, so I'd just like for them to still be able to participate if that is ok? Please?
Yes, that is fine. They are set within the +/- 2 days.

when and where are we suppose to tell how many eggs we set?
Here and now.
big_smile.png

Test hatch- 8 out of 8! The two Marans finally made it out at 9:45pm and 12:30am.
woot.gif

I set 7 eggs under my broody hen last night. It's her first time brooding so
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quick question on assists: can I use triple antibiotic ointment on stuck chicks, or does it need to be plain bacitracin? The triple is bacitracin, neomycin sulfate, and polymyxin b sulfate.
See if it has pain reliever in it. Don't use any ointment with pain reliever.

Don't have a total yet But I'm in trouble. Putted the Dickie battor out of storage. Have lots of eggs all of a sudden. Daughter and son in law want some blue chicks, daughter wants some more cochin bantams. I don't how fertile the eggs are SO PUT TWICE AS MANY EGGS IN just in case!!!! Totally logical right?
That Dickie holds lots of eggs
rhode Island red
crest cream legbars - just beautiful
white marans- just started laying young
wheaten marans - Girls getting old need replacements
cuckoo marans Only 1 pair not many eggs
cochin bantams - just to cute have to hatch
silver and gold wyandottes- some one said would get some red lace
wheaten ameruacana - fox food he always prefer them. took 3 last month I am going to shoot him if I get a shot
EEs - because I like them
assorted marans, olive egg crosses because my splash roo is 5 years old I want another one
Oh I almost forgot the one and only N/N neck hens eggs. She with a barred roo this time, he half CLB/barbed EE hen
Total to come around Noon day. Darn kids got me started again tee hee hee. any excuse to hatch eggs. LOL
PS I am sure I forgot something
You have A LOT of counting to do!
clap.gif

I'm hoping I can still get in. It's only 10am here I've been saving my eggs and I got seven today.
celebrate.gif

I'm setting 9 Golden Comets
and 3 Mixed from the neighbors. lol
You are in, thanks for posting your totals!

Quote: I candle twice - around day 7 and day 18. That's it. I guess I'm a hands off incubator/hatcher.

Important!

Now that the Guess How Many Eggs Will Be Set Contest is closed, we can start getting the actual number of eggs set.

When you are finished setting all of your eggs, please post in this thread how many total eggs you set within the +/- 2 days of the set dates for each type of fowl. If you did not set any eggs, please post that as well.

Recording these numbers is a HUGE job! Thanks @mlmddh . Lets make it easy on him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom