The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set my Icelandic eggs on Saturday, March 14, around 10 p.m., I got my first pips this afternoon.
I set 2 Silkie eggs under a broody on Thursday, March 12, one didn't develop and the other is a cute gray/blue chick.

My hatch is over :th.

Final chick count: 1

So I ordered a new incubator, I'm sick of loosing chicks before they hatch!

I am sorry friend. I had the same issue with my cheap-o bator and finally got a Brinsea. Good luck.

Nap..I need .. naps!   I am sick to top it off..after being up off and on all night.  Cough, sore throat.  Go alll through the winter well, then I get sick in April.  Go figure.  I'm soo tired.  Still watching several others pip and zip this morning.  Loving the colors of the blues that are coming with the bantams.  Pretty cute.

Aw I'm sorry Cynthia :( It is going around, for sure. DH had it today and I keep eating fruit to fight it off - my throat has been trying to get scratchy for the last few days. I hope you feel better soon.

Ohhh I looove little chippy babies
1f60d.png
. I've only hatched one chipmunk colored baby ever... and that's how I got my username.
2764.png
My girl Chippy is now 4 and still laying me a large egg every day.

This is really cute. Thanks for sharing :)

Miss Broody Dixie

Oh isn't she a lovely girl?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6818388/width/200/height/400[/IMG
Lost 2 of my babies when my incubator spiked to 106! Maybe have lost one more, but leaving it be. I have 2 scheduled to hatch Wednesday, one's moving like crazy! At times te egg jiggles and almost jumps! The other may have died, no movement. :-( I have two scheduled to hatch Sunday following Easter, both of which started rocking ther eggs today?!?! They're over a week away to hatch day, what the heck?!?'[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry :(

[QUOTE="farmhand, post: 15042985, member: 182750"]Is it my imagination or are a lot of people who set to hatch Saturday hatching early?[/QUOTE]

It sure seems like it.

hi, I'm unofficially joining in!
I only found this website today, however I started incubating a couple of days after you guys started, so seeing as the rules are + or - a couple of days I'm playing too!
I think I have about 9 left in the incubator, and they are due on Monday.
it's my first time at incubating and I am pretty excited, I am hoping I might get an early arrival on sunday.

so yes I am gate-crashing the party, I have brought my own booze, therefore I am just here to soak up the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom