The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter to everyone. I hope you all have a great day.

I am so happy for everyone that has new life in their incubators & brooders and (((hugs))) to everyone that has had difficulties with their chicks.
This is my first hatch-a-long and I get up every morning hoping to see new babies, it's all very exciting and heartbreaking at the same time. I think you all are very brave to put your eggs in incubators. I think for me that I'll be waiting a long while before before I buy an incubator, it seems very difficult to hatch them if you don't have feathers. :)
Thank you for allowing me to participate vicariously through you.

Last edited:
Happy easter everyone!! My hatch is done, 17 chicks hatched.

I GOT CHICKS!
I came down this morning with the trays still on the bottom shelf, turning away happily and 3 stunned chicks on the bottom.
I never turn off the turner and do 'lockdown'.
I put the trays on the bottom and filled up the water as humidity was at 30%. How these 3 got out in those conditions is beyond me!
Loads more pipping

Happy Easter all!

Final hatch count, 14 out of 22
9 marans
3 mixes
2 OEGB

probably the worst hatch of my own eggs ever but I did have a power outage for a couple hours last week so I know these babies are tough :)

HAPPY EASTER !!!

Kiddos woke up early and found their Easter baskets and I woke up to find 9 chicks have hatched in total one is zipping and about to hatch and there are a few pips. I hope today is a very active hatching day. Nothing still from my incubator that was running cool, though I candled them last night and I have interdental pips from some of them so there is still much hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom