The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traceyj, I am so sorry for your losses!!! It's hard to find words, but I really feel for you. Here there are so many of us celebrating and your little ones got interrupted. It was an accident & it just goes to show how fragile life is.
Happy Easter, everyone, & send some love Tracej's way.

We are all so blessed
1f425.png

Thanks to everyone for your support & sharing through all this - we wouldn't have these 4 sweeties without you ! I predicted 4 to hatch on Saturday, so I'm happy to say we guessed good!

What should I do in this situation?? It looks like this poor guy is shrink wrapped in his membrane.. I was worried about him BC he had a big air bubble before so I candled him and this is what I saw. The air bubble almost takes up half the shell now.

I had two shrink wrapped ones that I helped out, one is drying off in the brooder with the rest and one is week in the incubator but looking good. I opened the shell on the clear end then if there was no veins I broke a small piece of membrane away so they could breath. Just be very careful if you do this

I got up at 6:30am to find a third chick sleeping in the incubator!! My Easter baby. Another blue from my Delware x EE mix. So all three that were pipped when my humidity went down to 20% hatched out fine!! Praise God. And I have another pip. I'm hoping to come home from church to more pips. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom