The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chickadoodle was talking about animated gifs on the old folks home thread so I changed mine to that as an example. I will change it to something else soon. Probably more Pita Pintas!

Ahh..I'll have to go look and see who all did it. Then find one for a while. Love your photos of your Pita Pintas!

LL

One of my beauties from my hatch. Cutsie now, will be pretty. :)

Last edited:
Egg shape is a factor of breed and individual hen. It does not determine gender. Nor does temp during incubation. These are "old wives tales."

Yeah, I had never heard that one before, but she was pretty convinced that it's true because she was giving her husband a very hard time telling him he was putting too many Roo eggs in the incubator lol

The embryo is genderless until Day 5 from what I've read...

I know I'm paranoid(probably a first hatch thing lol) but I have two eggs that have been at the same place for about two hours at what point should I help??

It happens, unfortunately... I have never gotten a shipped Sebright to hatch, and only 1 Silkie before...
hmm.png
I've had customers that had really good hatches and one actually had 100%. I on the other hand don't have very good luck with shipped eggs. I'm lucky to get 1 to hatch out of a dozen eggs. If I have broody's I just let them do it. They know what they're doing.

I know I'm paranoid(probably a first hatch thing lol) but I have two eggs that have been at the same place for about two hours at what point should I help??
It could take up to 24 hours for them to do anything else.Or it can kick it in gear and zip right on out. The best thing to do is to just walk away. It may be near impossible to do but try to tear yourself away from the bator. I used to hover like a bee over pollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom