The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hit :hit :hit :hit

Just taught myself one of those hard life lessons, was doing my candling and took out one that looked like an early quitter.....it wasn't :hit

From now on they can stay in there unless I'm 1000% positive its a dud. Just sick to my stomach, poor little thing.

I understand. I did that once and the heart was still beating. It was going to be a late hatch chick. But I culled it and it was still alive. I felt so bad and I'm more careful now.

In my current incubation I have another quiter and one that is slow developing but I still see slight movement. Today I will cull the quiter and keep the other slow developer.

I came back home without any chicks. I resisted! We won't talk about the fact that I *may* have put my name on the reserve list for some Welsummers.

Four days 'til lockdown.

C'mon, chickies!
Did you go to TS? I didn't know you could order them there now I need to stop and see if I can. Welsummers are the ones I should have in my bator but I only have EE's.

So Im pretty bummed. Every day while turning my eggs I couldn't help but feel they din't feel as warm as the eggs in the other incubator and also they didn't feel like they were getting heavier for days I thought nothing of it but last night I decided to candle again. So, much to my sadness I found quite a few stopped developing and all the others are soooooooo far behind on developing that I have serious doubts about any in that incubator hatching at all. The temp has got to be way off and too cool for this to happen. I turned the bator up by almost a degree and I might go up a tad higher today. I really need to get a battery but the nearest target is a few towns over, I think I will try Walmart today, thats closer. This incubator is full of mixed breed eggs, so at least all my Cream Legbar eggs were in a different incubator and they are looking good so far.

I guess that's what I get for not getting out to the store to get a new battery for my spot check thermometer
sad.png
I could really kick myself, I think one of you needs to give me a boot to the butt.

Last edited:
I think one of the eggs that went into lockdown quit yesterday. It didn't move or anything yesterday :(. The other seven eggs all seem to be kicking though :jumpy.

So Im pretty bummed. Every day while turning my eggs I couldn't help but feel they din't feel as warm as the eggs in the other incubator and also they didn't feel like they were getting heavier for days I thought nothing of it but last night I decided to candle again. So, much to my sadness I found quite a few stopped developing and all the others are soooooooo far behind on developing that I have serious doubts about any in that incubator hatching at all. The temp has got to be way off and too cool for this to happen. I turned the bator up by almost a degree and I might go up a tad higher today. I really need to get a battery but the nearest target is a few towns over, I think I will try Walmart today, thats closer. This incubator is full of mixed breed eggs, so at least all my Cream Legbar eggs were in a different incubator and they are looking good so far.

I guess that's what I get for not getting out to the store to get a new battery for my spot check thermometer
sad.png
I could really kick myself, I think one of you needs to give me a boot to the butt.
Sorry to here about the eggs in that incubator. I got a new battery for my Spot Check at Meijer last week. They were in the electronics department, NOT jewelry dept. If you go to WalMart try there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom