The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you want your pictures to be saved to your computer. Once the pics are saved you can go to the reply box here on BYC and there will be a icon picture in the reply that is a small box with 2 mountains and a sun, that is the icon you click on to upload your photos. Once that is open it will ask you to upload photos, click that and it will allow you to search through your photos that are saved on your comp. Click the one you want and select open and follow the next steps to complete. I hope that is not too confusing of an explanation lol and I hope it works for you :)

If I send a pic to my mail, I download it to my computer first. (I use hotmail and just click the pic and it'll give me the option to download.) And then in here, click on teh pic icon (The square with the sun and mountains silhouette.) Click upload files and then you go to where you downloaded your pic (usually my pictures or pictures file) select, open and after it loads here, submit. I think I got all the steps...I hope.

First you want your pictures to be saved to your computer. Once the pics are saved you can go to the reply box here on BYC and there will be a icon picture in the reply that is a small box with 2 mountains and a sun, that is the icon you click on to upload your photos. Once that is open it will ask you to upload photos, click that and it will allow you to search through your photos that are saved on your comp. Click the one you want and select open and follow the next steps to complete. I hope that is not too confusing of an explanation lol and I hope it works for you :)

OK, I am going to try this. My problem is with the PC; I think I've saved them, now I just have to figure out where they are. May take awhile, and my dog, a force to be reckoned with, wants me to go give the chickens their snacks. (They are all lined up waiting for the back door to open) Thank you for your help.

OK, I am going to try this. My problem is with the PC; I think I've saved them, now I just have to figure out where they are. May take awhile, and my dog, a force to be reckoned with, wants me to go give the chickens their snacks. (They are all lined up waiting for the back door to open) Thank you for your help.
I would think they would either be in your "picture" folder or "download" folder, depending on what OS your computer is using.

I'm sorry.  Glad you got to the rest in time though!

Could they be too hot in the brooder? 

Gently squeeze the butt hole to see if there is a proper vent. I have one that kept upon getting pasty, when I looked closely, there was no proper vent, only a tiny hole. I gave him to some-one to put it down, but they have decided they will care for him for a week in hopes that he will grow a proper vent. I highly doubt it.

If you pulled the dry poo from the bum, you probably irritated that area.  It can swell for a while. Try using Neosporin on it for a couple of days.  Next time, if it's really stuck, wash the bottom, feels better for the chick too, no pulling of feathers.

I use a heat plate. I put oitment on his bum and its looking better. I think its just swollen. Heres a pic before the oitment. He seemed alot better today with no poo

I'm sorry.  Glad you got to the rest in time though!

Could they be too hot in the brooder? 

Gently squeeze the butt hole to see if there is a proper vent. I have one that kept upon getting pasty, when I looked closely, there was no proper vent, only a tiny hole. I gave him to some-one to put it down, but they have decided they will care for him for a week in hopes that he will grow a proper vent. I highly doubt it.

If you pulled the dry poo from the bum, you probably irritated that area.  It can swell for a while. Try using Neosporin on it for a couple of days.  Next time, if it's really stuck, wash the bottom, feels better for the chick too, no pulling of feathers.

I use a heat plate. I put oitment on his bum and its looking better. I think its just swollen. Heres a pic before the oitment. He seemed alot better today with no poo

Hm, it looks like someone may have pecked it real good

it looks fine, it does not look inflamed . many of my pasty butt babies are naked back there after a while since removing the 'crust' often takes the small feathers with it. just keep an eye out for others who will pick at it. some people use a peroxide mix to remove poop from feathers.

Woo-Hoo! I believe I am a very lucky first time Hatcher, I set 6 duck eggs and guess my survivors? 6, six survivors! Woo-Hoo :)

For my first try at incubating eggs, so far, I had 9 hatch successfully out of originally 41... at day 18, I had 28 viable eggs...movement in most of them..... I am at day 24 on the hatch, so I haven't completely given up on the rest.... I will Candle them again tomorrow to see if I have any yet survivors.... I did have some that at 18 days looked more like 14 days.... could have been a cool spot in the bater.... which is why I want to candle them one more time before I give up....and, these ones could have gotten "damaged" by the new hatches playing pool with the other eggs while they were trying to get their legs and dry out..... the 8 hatched Easter Mon, while the last one was on Tue after Easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom