1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now for something else, totally random, for grins and giggles.

How about a couple drawings I did on a 3-subject challenge?

This was a 5 drawing set - free choice of subject, but all 5 in the series were to have the same 3 objects in them (more or less) and each drawing was to stretch for a different feel from the others. Not sure what I did with the last two drawings, right now, but here are the first three of them.

(Moon, Apple/Tree, and Chicken were the 3 things I chose to include in the series. These are the first 3. The 4th one was a chicken jitterbugging with a tree with the moon as a disco ball overhead, blackout background. The last one was an older chicken, head shot from front, beak holding a sprouting apple seed, with the moon behind, surrounding the head. I wanted the chicken to grow up as I moved through the drawings, with the apple tree going backwards through its life - barren tree, fruit bearing, flowering, sapling, seed).

1 person likes this.
  2. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia
    My wishlist is
    Lavender Araucana - If i get less than 2 hens out of current hatch.
    Rhode Island Red
    Buff Orpingtons
    Dorkings
    Cornish
    If I don't have any of those avaible i'll set the current gen of my sizzle projects

3. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    will be attempting copper marans and a few barred rock

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    NOT! Lucky. Should have gone and bought a lottery ticket!

5. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Someone has surely answered this. Trying to catch up. If is one word wars going on, it shouldn't be long..but..in case you weren't answered. I have set cold eggs from outside..of course, they sat in the carton pointy end down for the day, or a few days first until I got what I wanted to set.

6. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Whew, ok caught up. And sadly I saw some not so BYC appropriate photos and conduct. [​IMG] Remember, family friendly, and, ahem..child friendly. I am still young at heart! Ya hear?!? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    @Hurley you are so very talented. If you were to donate one of your photos for a prize, I would be doing everything possible to win it! Just beautiful Some things just come natural for folks..yours is in drawing for sure!

8. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I may have an active Blue Copper Marans by the time the set date comes along myself! I am so excited to see if he is ready, and the girls are laying.

9. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    Dang, would love blue, I have only 1 black that lays nice dark eggs.

10. sjturner79

sjturner79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    South Australia

Not a problem. I get no difference in results from eggs 7 days in fridge, or 7 days at room temp. I have also had 75% hatch on 9 eggs 21 days in fridge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by