The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    Well, that's unfortunate. I think everyone's just excited about eggs and hatching and our birds, and it's great to chat with others who are likeminded. I can't speak for anyone else, but I for one learn A LOT about things said on here that's not necessarily meant for me. Even when I answer someone...the answer I give is for everyone. Any piece of information is good, even if it gives a person food for thought. Sometimes it may just help down the road.

And sometimes it's just nice to give a kind word or receive a kind word.

Wishing you the very best on your chicken endeavors! [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2015
    USA
    Welcome! [​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I'm sorry you feel the need to leave this thread.

The sheer size of this yearly hatchalong makes it a challenge to make everyone feel included. Those of us running this hatch (and lots that aren't running it) do our very best to make sure people's questions get answered. I don't see how making people feel welcome is an issue - you can easily scroll past them if you don't want to see them. Again, we have hundreds of people all set to hatch at the same time. It's not easy and towards the end, we are ready to pull our hair out. (or at least I am)

Good luck to you.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    great pictures and birds.

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    You do great, and are greatly appreciated. We, the majority love how this Hatch A Long is run. I can honestly say, that I have seen every single question about a chicken, or hatching problem has been answered. And, I can honestly say, I love love the fun that happens in this thread. Thank you again, to ALL that are involved in putting this together, and keeping it running. Folks look forward to this Hatch A Long..for many different reasons. For help, and for the fun within.

2 people like this.
  6. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    only 100 post to catch up.. I really dont know what I'll try to hatch.. wheaten marans, white marans, my 1/2 brahma /1/2 N/N who knows Time will tell

7. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Awww, thanks. A ton of work goes on behind this thread! I'm sure Sally, Ron and Mike appreciate it too.

I've been doing this hatch for 4 years now. (I think [​IMG]) Just when I think I've figured it all out, something happens that surprises me. [​IMG] Every year is different. It's fun, and sometimes crazy stressful getting the contests judged.

8. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Eenie meenie miney mo.........

9. fresnofarmer

fresnofarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Fresno CA
    I'll be in as well 1 way or another! Not sure what type of eggs I'll set yet!

10. Or all the above...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by