The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Before I head out....I know I missed a lot of stuff.
th.gif

Congratulations to Loc20chick on winning a sign!!!
yesss.gif

Welcome to everyone participating...because I don't think I've had a chance to welcome anyone yet...lol. I'm SO excited to see all the peoples who are participating!!
WOW...it's gonna be FUN!!!
celebrate.gif

(And exhausting,
gig.gif
but mostly fun!!)
woot.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Thank you to everyone who makes this great!!
(Yes, I'm talking to you)

More congratulations to everyone who has hatched baby chickies, ducks, and everything that I'm missing right now...and to all the great pictures everyone takes of the hatches, incubators, birds, coops, ideas and well, just everything!

I'm sure there's more I've missed...hopefully I'll catch it later.
smile.png

See you guys later.
frow.gif

Last edited:
aaaawwwwwwweeee  look at the wee widdle one is that a legbar?

I don't know. They were a barnyard mix from the guy down the road. It was all I could get locally for my broody. The little one is a bantam of some sort, from a white egg. Thats all I know about that one. The big ones might have a black minorca dad and 2 came from blue eggs.

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave this thread.

The sheer size of this yearly hatchalong makes it a challenge to make everyone feel included. Those of us running this hatch (and lots that aren't running it) do our very best to make sure people's questions get answered. I don't see how making people feel welcome is an issue - you can easily scroll past them if you don't want to see them. Again, we have hundreds of people all set to hatch at the same time. It's not easy and towards the end, we are ready to pull our hair out. (or at least I am)

Good luck to you.

Thanks so much for what you do! This is my first year and I'm already having so much fun.
smile.png

only 100 post to catch up.. I really dont know what I'll try to hatch.. wheaten marans, white marans, my 1/2 brahma /1/2 N/N who knows Time will tell

All three are such good choices. I've never seen a naked-neck Brahma before though.
smile.png

I'll be in as well 1 way or another! Not sure what type of eggs I'll set yet!

Welcome! So glad you could join us!

It's the deciding what to hatch that is half the fun!
celebrate.gif

Sounds like fun I'm in

Welcome to you too!
frow.gif

Was sick for a couple days and ended up 1000 posts behind... hope I didn't miss anything important, cuz there's no way I'm gonna try to catch up...
gig.gif

I'm glad your feeling better. Skimming through it makes it go much faster
tongue.png
(some how my brother can read a book that takes me three days in a few hours).

I'm in! Looking forward to Easter peeps! :
jumpy.gif

Welcome!

Glad you are feeling better I couldn't catch up either LOL but I think I almost understand most of what is going on for the most part. I know I am kind of still a newbie But I almost feel like I am getting to know some of the peeps
Its my first year also, but I feel like I've been on for years. This is a great site!
thumbsup.gif

My week old chicks. I hadn't expected so much feathering in just a week.
So cute!

Bantams feather out even faster. I can't believe it when I have a two week old bantam that is fully feathered and crowing!

My new friend Victory Bunny, or Vick for short

You can't help but love rabbits.
smile.png

I would like to join the hatch.

So glad you could join us!
woot.gif

And welcome to you too! Do you know what you want to hatch this year?

frow.gif
yesss.gif
whatcha gonna hatch?

Silver Appenzeller Spitzhaubens, Cream Crested Legbars, and if I can get the banty's sorted... Porcelain Dutch. I am really looking forward to working with the spitzhaubens for showing,

Awesome breeds! I want to get some Spitzhaubens one of these days.

Thanks to all who put the huge effort into this project. It's a massive undertaking and I greatly enjoy being able to participate and appreciate the effort.

You can't make everyone 100% happy all of the time, it's impossible. Heck, I can't make myself happy 100% of the time, and I'm in control of me. ;) This thread flies at times, sometimes I have time for that, sometimes I don't. I've got the amazing option of skipping posts or just not coming to the thread if that's what makes me happy. There are lots of good folks on here, having a good time, stimulating and multiplying the excitement for the upcoming hatch. I feel it adds a ton of fun to what could otherwise be "just another hatch" (for those that hatch a lot) and gives a big support base for those that don't.

As was said, if you don't like it, you aren't required to read. If you don't like one part of it, scroll works well.
I wish you happiness in the threads you frequent. For the rest of us...

Woot! Woot! Woot!

SET ALL THE EGGS!!!!!!!!

Now, I have to run to the P.O., my eggs are here!

I can't wait till I can set my eggs too!

Best of luck with your hatching!
thumbsup.gif

Getting close to a hatch. Have eggs going into lockdown today and then some every 2 to 3 days for the next week or so. I don't get much sleep. Keep getting up to look in the window. I wonder if this is how dad's feel in the waiting room. Now its mom's turn LOL

lol.png
I'm the same way when my chicks are hatching.

Count me in. I'll probably set some Muscovy eggs.

-Kathy

Muscovys are really cool, I can't wait to see yours when they hatch.
smile.png

Just got back from going to pick up eggs at my local PO (Palmyra, WI). "We're sorry, no box here." Rechecked the tracking info - yes, indeedy, the box has arrived at the Palmyra post office ......in Indiana.

So, they will send them on to Wisconsin.

Sigh.
he.gif

So that chicken that died yesterday had 4 eggs left in the basket, and instead of my mom cooking them for breakfast she kindly brought them up and sat them in so twizzler could go broody on them... I HAVE FINALLY GOT MY PARENTS TO SUBMIT BEFORE THE CHICKENS!!!!
1f602.png
1f413.png
1f389.png
1f389.png
1f389.png
woot.gif
That was sweet.

@Cynthia12

Most of the vitamins for poultry will have D in them. You can also supplement with calf manna to help with egg shell quality. I have used both of those.

A quick search on Amazon showed a mana pro product that is a supplement just for poultry that is used like calf mana--just tossed out, mixed with feed or added to scratch.

During times of stress, like heat, cold, lots of bad weather, it is a good idea to give them something once a week.

Whoa. I don't know who took this picture, but it is STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL! I wish my camera worked well enough to take pictures like that.
smile.png

Just got back from going to pick up eggs at my local PO (Palmyra, WI). "We're sorry, no box here." Rechecked the tracking info - yes, indeedy, the box has arrived at the Palmyra post office ......in Indiana.

So, they will send them on to Wisconsin.

Sigh.

Sigh. I hope they are undamaged.
fl.gif

Count me in
1f423.png

Welcome!
woot.gif

Glad to see all the people joining in!
Just got done with taking some pictures... I got a video of my younger peacock dancing which I want to figure out how to upload. It makes me smile!

Awesome pictures!

I had the misfortune of finding out what happens when someone sends you eggs from a breed you really want around Christmas. CPL sent me Serama eggs a few years ago and did everything she could to make sure they got here intact. PO lost them and I got them 4 days late and while none were broken, every last one of them was scrambled. I haven't tried to get Seramas since then.

Sorry to hear that. I lost the eggs I bought over Ebay also (they were orloffs). However, I shipped some eggs for the first time and I heard most of them hatched, which I was so glad about. I bet my rooster, Dominator is feeling really proud of himself right now.
smile.png

So that chicken that died yesterday had 4 eggs left in the basket, and instead of my mom cooking them for breakfast she kindly brought them up and sat them in so twizzler could go broody on them... I HAVE FINALLY GOT MY PARENTS TO SUBMIT BEFORE THE CHICKENS!!!!
1f602.png
1f413.png
1f389.png
1f389.png
1f389.png
woot.gif

Parents are the best. My parents have trouble with me keeping so many chickens, but if my birds are ever in trouble they are right there to help.

Back
Top Bottom