The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    [​IMG]

Ha ha.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    You must be getting all of our snow! I haven't had to push snow yet this winter.[​IMG]
    Most of our snow is gone...we've had plus temps for the last few days. When I used to lamb at this time of the year, it was always in the low -20 C. I only had a small wooden granary and I'd have it packed with 5-6 ewes plus their baby lambs to process and let the babies dry...and then I'd start switching these ones out for the next 5-6. I sure could of used the weather we're having right now...[​IMG]
    Such a lovely scarf!! Function AND fashion, the best of both worlds. [​IMG] Your son has excellent taste!
    It's also very nice to see you too. Nice to meet you! [​IMG]
    (I have never posted my pic or name anywhere before here, I'm super old school. I'm not even on the book of face...lol)

That's SO SWEET how he gets so excited!

Wishing you the best on your hatch...SO exciting!! [​IMG]

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Wow! We need one of these for a prize! [​IMG] I would love to color one of these!

4. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

5. lacymorgan

lacymorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    Kingman AZ
    Here is the cover for book one it is 8.00 this one has chickens and 15 pixs
    and the cover for book 2 it is 10 it is Southwest and has 20 pix

the one I am workng on is Day of the Dead and Mardi Gra's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I candled all 24 of my eggs last night after noticing an early quitter that I couldn't find again.
    I have 21 wigglers (some are doing the Macarena!) two clears and the early quitter that looks like it was dead at about three days. Nothing really to even see.
    This is my best hatch (so far! [​IMG]) that I have had in six or so hatches!
    The problem is that I only expected a few to hatch. Now what am I supposed to do with almost fifty new chicks within a month? I mean, there will be 21 from this hatch, plus the hatch along. Then I have five girls that will probably go broody at any time (their sisters have already hatched out a clutch each over the winter!). [​IMG] I need to get this math under control.

7. aplynn

aplynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2015
    Buxton, Maine
    Welcome [​IMG]

8. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    LOL Sally, I was going to find a bunch of the shakers to post too..I still may do it. He's so funny. He needs to start a collection, tell the story to his kids later how it all got started. :p

9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Love it!

10. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Love the coloring books. Kudos to your restraint, if I drew those I don't know that I could stop myself from shading/coloring in. LOL :)

Have been researching quail again this afternoon. I am planning to start with coturnix this year, with hopes of stocking the freezer as well as having some fun playing with genetics (which I can't help but do with anything I raise, I fear). I raised up some bobwhites last year outside in a rabbit hutch and they were adorable. Switching to coturnix for size and speed of maturity. Looking forward to raising me up some popcorn chicks. Anyone else doing quail?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by