The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    That's ok! At least I hope so! I do this all the time, because I'm always behind the times. I get on a few times a day. I have a desk top, and get on here and there..I answer questions as I go along..catching up, and of course someone else, or two someone else's..lol..has answered..but, sometimes, it's a bit different, and may help them after all. Keep answering those questions, or offering advice!

2. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    I'll be setting some cortunix quail for myself and another person here in Mid TN. My daughter has also requested that I hatch her some button quail. Since the other birds that I was wanting to hatch seem to be not available till Cinco de Mayo hatchalong I may be doing a pure quail hatch. If my Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandottes start laying by then I will hatch some of them.

3. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    [​IMG]

Just picked up these vintage beauties for the contest! I hope you all don't mind a little cracking and paint gone. I think they have a Serama look to them.

2 people like this.
  4. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Sadly, she was 4 weeks old. Flew into a pond I forgot to empty.

5. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    Well it is time for me to reinstall the wiring in my bator. Got a new thermostat and have added an emergency cooling fan that in case of a temperature spike will pump in outside air to bring it down before it can damage the eggs. Seeing that we are experiencing wild fluxuations of temperatures it seemed the prudent thing to do. Lost my last two hatches to temp spikes.

So this means I have to talk to my BIL who wrote out the electric wiring schematic for me. I only understand about half the symbols and the lines drawn on the paper only diagram what has to be connected to what not the actual path and lengths the wire must be in the real box. It is like trying to read something written in English but using the Crylic (Russian) alphabet. So I have had my shot of Peach Vodka that will keep be stable while he explains...... because he never can just explain. His motto is if it is worth engineering it is worth over engineering! And then pontificating for thirty minutes. [​IMG] But he is good and knows way more than I do about electronics.

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

7. lacymorgan

lacymorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    Kingman AZ
    giant squishhhes
    [​IMG] there is nothing like chicken pee[s to carry you through rough times

8. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I WANT THEM. :love

9. jwlpoultry

jwlpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    About to set 4 Rhodebar eggs as a test hatch. Maybe I can find some other egs to throw in. Lol

10. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Excuse the cobwebs. I don't clean that shelf because I'm terrified of breaking anything on it. Everything on this self belonged to my late grandmother. Note the shakers at the very top. [​IMG] I don't collect them, but I love those 2. As far as I know, everything on that shelf is older than I am and I'll be 26 on Wednesday!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by