Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.
Me to i thinki i had
Better get theincubator . And get it set up. Befori i get eggs i had better get set up. Before i do a ything else.
Hey Everyone! Update on my 5 month pullet, Jasmine. We decided last night to treat her with corid in case it was cocci I wanted to treat it fast. This morning she was not 100% but quite a lot better. She was even feeling well enough to give us a hard time catching her but as always settled down once caught. Despite pulling the feeders out all the birds managed to cheat and eat the food that fell through the grates the feeders sit on(didn't know they could get the heads in there) so her crop was once again full. I felt of it again and still feel no hard masses. She also ate some scratch from my hand this morning with gusto, something we couldn't get her to do at all last night. It's very sunny today and the sun is warm so I let the flock out and she is out with her two sisters sun bathing.
We decided to treat for cocci based on how wet it has been here and that the flock has been drinking from puddles(also that it wouldn't hurt her, which are all frozen today. Our whole driveway was a pond for several days now most of it is an ice rink.
I will keep a close eye on her until I am sure she is completely well and will continue to give you updates. We have also not seen her shake her head at all this morning which was almost constant yesterday and her tail is held almost as high as normal. Her head is still not as high as normal but we'll see how she continues.
This is Jasmine when she is well.
I'm so glad to hear she is feeling better!
Thank you so much. She's not quite as back to normal as that photo but she seems much more active and normal to me today. Which I'm grateful for.
I have to share another egg photo - these are from one of my Black Ameraucanas
I do have a question as I have misplaced my notebook for my chickens. Is there an egg withdrawal for corid? How long? I should treat for 5 days right? And I know its 9.6-10ml/gallon correct? If there isn't a withdrawal period then I would not sell the eggs but I may keep them for our own use unless you guys suggest otherwise.
Thank you all.
Hey! She looks good! Glad you decided to treat her and it seems to be working!
So very blue! Lovely!
From what I have read, there is no withdrawl time for corid. Personally, I would keep them for my own use while they are on it, though. The amount you use per gallon depends on how bad the infestation is - the worse the problem, the more Corid you use. I use the powder when needed, so I don't know the liquid dosage. I would keep them on it for 5-7 days. It is a thiamin blocker so make sure you do not give them vitamins containing thiamine while they are taking the Corid or it negates the effect.
I have read there is no wait period with corid, but personally I would wait at least a week, probably two, before consuming eggs.
Lol! KYTinpusher beat me to it