The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok and I allllllmost said that!!! I use to go up through Foresthill all the time to a campground. It's just beautiful up there. I'm jealous!

2. Gloryjasmine

I know right! It's a heatwave here where I'm at compared to your place! Poor baby! If I were there,I'd wrap my arms around you and snuggle you up with warmth!!! Hey...what can I say? I just love you girlie!

Oh honey I'm so relieved for Jasmine!!!! Oh thank you Lord!!! She's always been in His hands and still is!!!! Don't you forget that,darling.

Stay warm and remember,I'm always praying for you too. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Your sister,Glory

3. Gloryjasmine

Another question....Do ducks count in the flapping wings picture contest? Or,just chickens? Are ducks considered a fowl? I know,that's quite sad that I have to even ask![​IMG] No laughing please!!!![​IMG]

4. gotro17

gotro17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2015
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    @Sally Sunshine Did I mention I was in with 12+ blue laced red Wyandottes, 12 australorps, 8 silver laced Wyandottes and 24 lavender Orpingtons...? Between my other Crazy Chicken Lady (CCL) friend, @VeggieMinette, we are splitting the eggs up and filling in with silkies from @Jessimom! Wish us luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    Well, that's worse odds than I have in laying right now. [​IMG] Hopefully both you and I get more egg production soon! [​IMG]

6. JoyfulPromise

JoyfulPromise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Fostoria, MI
    Good Morning everyone! [​IMG]Well, we are back to a Winter Wonderland in Michigan this morning with 2-3 inches of snow down already, and another 3-6 expected today! [​IMG] And this after the last week or two of high 30's & 40's and my brother has been tapping maple trees the earliest EVER and getting LOTS of sap! I have to keep reminding myself that it IS still February! LOL And we are supposed to have a couple of Negative night temps this week too - the first for us this year, which is surprising! Oh well, we shall endure...and keep planning for the Hatch-along! [​IMG]
    One of my Wheaten Ameraucana pullets was checking out the nesting boxes SERIOUSLY the other day... [​IMG] Hopefully this cold snap won't delay her too much!!! [​IMG]

7. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    Help me!!! I've got [​IMG] on the [​IMG][​IMG].... I woke up at 3am just to make sure my dream about finding 30 pairs of little [​IMG] watching me from incubator on day 19 was just a dream. Then I fell back to sleep just to dream I was IN the egg about to hatch. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I've lost my mind.

4 people like this.
  8. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    I have a dozen true Ameraucauna eggs to pick up next week, and since Im a novice at incubating, Im thinking of having the professionals hatch the eggs for me in the coop. I really want these eggs to hatch, and think this may be my best bet, especially since I have 3-4 hens that want to be broody right now. Only concern I have is that it is still winter here in Western NY, and we are expecting subzero temps this weekend. Any thoughts ?

I am doing a test run in my incubator right now, I placed 6 eggs, all were fertile, but it looks like I have 4 quiters now, not a real good percentage there, that's why Im thinking have the girls hatch them out.

9. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    ducks are water fowl, I would say yes :)

10. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    If your girls are acting broody put some fake eggs or golf balls under them. See if they sit them. If yes they should be fine. As for the cold... Those birds will very rarely leave the next. Just have food and water (heated if sub freezing) very close to the nest.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by