The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Chickendreams24....You're welcome dear. I'm glad you have such a special guy in your life. You tell him I said,he best keep you warm!!! It's too cold up there!! I don't want you freezing on me.
1f62a.png
I'm happy about Jasmine. She's a trooper. So are you.
1f618.png

God bless hon,Glory

Whew ! Finally caught up ! Been out since Sunday. Ended up in the hospital Sunday night with appendicitis, yuck. Felt terrible. They took it out and repaired my herniated navel and let me come home last night. My belly button hurts like crazy, especially when i cough (smoker here). BUT i'm home, on the mend, and back on BYC trying to win a sign. But don't tell LocalYokel. I bet he thinks i gave up.
big_smile.png

Getting ready...

Day 19.... Just a few more... Just a few more days.... If your asking they will spend first 24-48 hours in the blue box then move into the bigger one I built.
Like the setup. :)
thumbsup.gif

HOORAY!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
My 10 month old Wheaten Ameraucana Pullets FINALLY gave me their first egg today!!!!! It is kind of pointy, but a lovely deep blue!!!
love.gif
These pictures don't do it justice...

It looks like I will be hatching some Wheaten AM's for Easter after all!
yesss.gif

love.gif
Love Ameraucanas. Gorgeous egg, congrats!

End of day 19... I hear an angelic sound!! A small squeak from the incubator. No pips yet but I hear a noise!!! Come on 30 eggs... Let's hatch.

WOOOO! I love those internal cheeps.

If you got her from a hatchery or a feed store than she isn't Heritage, also most backyard breeders will have hatchery Barred Rocks as well.

If you got her from a reputable breeder source that breeds to the proposed Standard than she is Standard bred, also referred to as Heritage.

Here are my pullets from today

And my cockerels

Cockerel 1 my main guy

and cockerel 2 my back up

The cockerels are just SO handsome. Great group. :)

Whew ! Finally caught up ! Been out since Sunday. Ended up in the hospital Sunday night with appendicitis, yuck. Felt terrible. They took it out and repaired my herniated navel and let me come home last night. My belly button hurts like crazy, especially when i cough (smoker here). BUT i'm home, on the mend, and back on BYC trying to win a sign. But don't tell LocalYokel. I bet he thinks i gave up. :D

God speed to your recovery. Be sure to look at all the cute fuzzy butts and it will make you feel better.

Set my first chicken eggs of the season. I need to test out that little 7 egg incubator before trying it at the school, and I got 7 green/blue eggs from my Iowacana project, so perfect, 2 birds/one incubator. Put 24 of the tan eggs in the cabinetobator to cook along with them.

Dang, it's snowy, drifty, cold tonight. Brrrrrrrrr. The hens chewed me out when I got home and picked up eggs. Apparently they are displeased to have lost their freedom and felt the management needed to know about it. I gave them some BOSS and prevented a riot, thank goodness. They seem mollified, so I think we're ok.
D.gif

Whew ! Finally caught up ! Been out since Sunday. Ended up in the hospital Sunday night with appendicitis, yuck. Felt terrible. They took it out and repaired my herniated navel and let me come home last night. My belly button hurts like crazy, especially when i cough (smoker here). BUT i'm home, on the mend, and back on BYC trying to win a sign. But don't tell LocalYokel. I bet he thinks i gave up.
big_smile.png
Oh boy, that's a bummer. I hope you feel better soon.

End of day 19... I hear an angelic sound!! A small squeak from the incubator. No pips yet but I hear a noise!!! Come on 30 eggs... Let's hatch.
Go chickies go!
Eggcited!! Looks like I will be able to set some Easter Eggers for the Easter hatch a long First blue egg from the ladies I got back in October/November. They laid the first week, then just stopped. I put them in with my RIR, and today... I'm leaving the 4 black hens in with the RIRs, so this time will have EEs, After I set those, I will try to get them their own section with their blue rooster.
Nice color!
Whew ! Finally caught up ! Been out since Sunday. Ended up in the hospital Sunday night with appendicitis, yuck. Felt terrible. They took it out and repaired my herniated navel and let me come home last night. My belly button hurts like crazy, especially when i cough (smoker here). BUT i'm home, on the mend, and back on BYC trying to win a sign. But don't tell LocalYokel. I bet he thinks i gave up. :D
Glad to hear your on the mend. Take it easy!

big_smile.png
lau.gif

big_smile.png

Oh my goodness!! How awful. :/ Here, this should bring a smile on your face. Not sure you will win a sign, but you deserve to win something!

My Bubba's babies. Bantams..silkie mix..and RIR's.

This is my favorite bantam mix. Has eye liner..below...

Back
Top Bottom