The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. nanasacres

nanasacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2015
    CentralFL
    I'm so happy for you! They are so cute![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chattery41

chattery41 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    near Cleveland TN
    I'm gonna take a stab and say about 14 days or so. The shell is a little more full of darkness than the ones in the bator that are 11 days.

3. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    Will do as soon as I get them. Resisted the temptation yesterday but picking some up in early March for the HAL

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Know what ya mean. It never gets old and the hands get numb (sitting on them) at times letting them work on it a good 24 hrs.

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

6. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas

That's what friends are for. To help with the chicken math.

On a different note. Today I got a whopping 6 eggs. It's been a good while since I've gotten that many at once. It even still a little early yet for egg gathering around my place. I don't really expect any more, since I only have 12 that are laying age right now.

7. AllAboutMyGirls

AllAboutMyGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    MD & VA
    That's so sad. I'm sorry about your babies

8. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama

Ok. Unless they are blood rings or start to smell I would hold off tossing until day 17-18.... That's when I make my final cull of eggs and it's saved me more times than once with an egg.

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking that I should just pull all of the eggs my girls have layed. I know they're broody and want to raise a clutch. But it's too cold. They're not sitting yet because they're not done laying. The embryos will all be dead before they actually get to setting. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] But the good thing is that they're ready. As it warms up,whenever that is,I know that I've got some girls that are interested! Until then,I'll just love on y'all's babies!!!!

God bless,Glory

Ps...SallySunshine-Yes it is way cool! Only problem is......IM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!![​IMG][​IMG] lol Unless I'm hunting or fishing,then it's ok to be awake that early. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by