The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Loc20chick

Loc20chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
    Eastern Shore MD
    If you don't get some closer to you I can mail you a dozen you just pay for shipping.
  2. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    We have our firewood stacked under the awning of our front porch. The bark we collected into an open plastic garbage bin, so it is about half full of kindling. It has wheels, so I'll fill it with firewood to haul into the house. I have to be careful, though, as the hens routinely hop up and into this garbage bin to lay eggs on top of the kindling.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. Eps32

Eps32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    Ya I know what I'd do but it would be bad advice. Luckily my neighbors are pretty far away. And would never try anything like that. We shoot on are property all the time we have a little home made gun range. So people pretty much stay off are property. But like all ready said the best thing you can do is get a camera. Point in in that direction with a sign saying will prosecute camera on premises.
    1 person likes this.
  4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Good Morning Sally! [​IMG]
  5. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
  6. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I took a break for a while. It was originally just going to be for 2 days, but that's not what ended up happening. On day 2 of my break I took the brooder out to clean and give the chicks some outside time. It was a fairly nice day and they HATED the dog crate, but they were ok. That is, until 2 of them discovered a way to escape. They hid so well I thought the cats got them. I found one of them on Tuesday. My guess is that it came out of hiding at night and froze to death. I still haven't found the other one and I have zero hope that I will.

At least I'm getting a new bator Saturday.
  7. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2015

And the babies will still be adorable! [​IMG]

They're getting ready to hatch! [​IMG]

88! Why can't I have that many? Lol. [​IMG]

Touch down! [​IMG]

I'm so sorry about the chicks you lost. [​IMG] Keep an eye on the others, as they may be weaker for a few days. I hope they stay healthy.

Yeah! [​IMG]

So cute!

My incubator has a blanket also. [​IMG]

That is so frustrating! I can't believe they are doing that! I hope you can get them back soon.

Yay, broody hens! [​IMG]

They are beautiful!

Congratulations on the seramas! I hope the weak one gets better soon.

Yay, chicks! They are so adorable!

They love to lay in the silliest of places, don't they. [​IMG]
  8. Sueg4332

Sueg4332 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2008
    Ceres, California
    could you post pictures I'd like to see the color. My eggs are light blue. Hard to get a picture because flash aways flashes and lighten them even more. Need to find the book on this old camera.
  9. karenerwin

karenerwin Overrun With Chickens

Jun 11, 2013
    Cedar Hill, Missouri
    Hi Rad, sorry you lost 2 of your chicks. I hate when that happens. Hopefully the last one will miraculously turn up unharmed.
  10. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    It's so fun watching those little beaks peck against the egg knowing that they are trying with all of their might to get OUT OF THAT THING... I made myself walk away and go do other things. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by