The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    I fell asleep last night to the dulcet sounds of my first 6 [​IMG]s singing in the next room. [​IMG] I wake up to find 2 more wet and several about to zip or pipped. [​IMG] This is the first 6 after fluff all night. I moved them to the brooder. The ones like come on guys. It's not THAT scary. Here. I'll go first... [​IMG] See I'm brave... Hummmm what's out there. [​IMG]

2. wornoutmomto3

wornoutmomto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2014
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh! So cute! Congrats!

3. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Good morning everyone.

~~~Baby, it's cold outside...

[​IMG]

4. TJordan

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    Good morning [​IMG]

5. Gone-Quackers

Gone-Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2015
    Des Moines, IA
    Aw, isn't he special. Be sure to give him chicken paraphnelia (spelling?) for Valentines day. . or maybe tell him the first chick that hatches will be his new best friend. [​IMG]

6. TJordan

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    On a sadder note I was checking water in the incubator and noticed one half zipped but very still and quite egg. Poor thing didn't make it into the world [​IMG] but that's part of life. I did an eggopithy and it was fully formed, yoke pulled in, just didn't pip or zip right. It's ok. I'll use it as a learning experience for my kids. They need to learn that life doesn't come without the possibility of death.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Did you at least keep the trap?

8. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    They are so cute! I keep debating on whether to use my small coop. (the one I got for 6 hens because I as only going to have 4 chickens) for seremas, silkies, or keep it as a grow out pen.

9. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    Good morning everyone! Another morning that my son decided we needed to be up before the sun. Thank goodness DH makes coffee before he leaves for work.

10. Lozuufy

Lozuufy Pigeons are nutty

May 20, 2012
    MA/VT
    So cute! [​IMG]

Awesome! [​IMG]

[​IMG]Woo Hoo![​IMG] Lots of people hatching silver cots! [​IMG] (Ok, only 3 including me that I know of [​IMG] but 3 people counts as allot, right?)

Do you got a trail cam? You could set one up where it can see z trap.

Seems like it would work as long as they can't all pile up on each-other. I brood my quail under a heat lamp during the day and a box wrapped with a sleeping bag at night.

[​IMG]

This is the box, insulated on all sides by a sleeping bag, I cover the top almost completely for newly hatched babies and only cover it part way for partly feathered ones. The only problem I've had is when they pile up and the big ones can squish the smaller ones.

So cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by