The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

Thank you so Much!

A few of mine are well into the 12g range now

2. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    The silvers I will be outcrossing to the big boys, then planning on recapturing the silver in the F2 and selectively breed them larger.

What kind of quail do you have going?

Nevahmind, read the signature, duh. :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  3. shahtir101

shahtir101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2015
    Night Sally. Did you see my update on the other thread?

4. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
  5. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello Madam Poofy Brow!! I'm glad to see you here honey!!!

I've got great news too! I caught one of my barred rock hens with 5 eggs in a crate in the run!!! I am not comfortable with them being in there due to losing too many to predators,so I gently moved them into a nest in the coop. As soon as I did,both Roozle and Pasqua jumped down off the roost to come see what I had done. I'm not sure which one they belong to yet. But I'll know soon! I decided to go ahead and let a hen or two hatch a clutch. As long as the babies stay close to mama,the cold temperatures shouldn't be an issue. I'm hoping....so so sad about the turkey babies. [​IMG] I was wondering when my young hens would go broody and now it's happening!!! Yay! My girls are growing up! When is the EHAL entry deadline?

Congrats to everyone who has precious little lives!!! God is good![​IMG]

God bless y'all!
    [​IMG]Glory

6. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    Sounds like you need a game camera to keep and eye on whats going on.and record it.

7. wornoutmomto3

wornoutmomto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2014
    Florida
    My Coop

8. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Thanks! [​IMG] I hope you're doing good! I've been too busy to be on here much lately. Maybe I can catch up a bit over the weekend.

9. wornoutmomto3

wornoutmomto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2014
    Florida
    My Coop

10. Gloryjasmine

Gloryjasmine Chillin' With My Peeps

That is totally lame! And I fully understand because I have those kind of loser neighbors too. I KNOW what I would do too. But everyone is different. I'm very sorry that you're even dealing with this. We,too,have the coyotes,foxes,coons and black snake issues. But,I think having to endure it with your neighbors is worse. I'm so sorry. I like the camera idea. Also,stand in front of their yard,in a neutral area. Where you're not in violation of trespassing. Watch,take pictures and even try calling your girls to you. If need be,take video. It isn't illegal either because our neighbors are so bored and pathetic,we see them doing this everyday! To us!!!! There's gotta be some way that you can get some type of evidence against them. I'll pray for you. In the meantime,try to stay calm and collected. Especially if you don't have bail money!!! That would be my biggest problem.....my temper. We're rooting for you honey!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by