The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Has anyone used brooder plates with quail? Experience?

2. wornoutmomto3

wornoutmomto3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2014
    Florida
    My Coop

Thanks. They have been making trouble for us for several months now, but I never thought they would go so far as to steal my hens! They have no direct access to their property from the road and use an easement on our property to access theirs. DH says we should fence it off and make the find a different route. (There are other areas clear enough for a driveway that aren't on our property.

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Love it! It would be great for the next caption contest too,
    That totally sucks. Sounds like it's time for a game camera.

4. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Prayers your way.

5. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    I just set a batch today, due the 2nd. So I get a couple of days to organize.

6. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    Too bad you can't get your hands on a skunk and shove it in there. Are they keeping them or eating them? I would get a camera set up or something. That really sucks. People are the worst.

7. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Newest babies. These are 2 day old isabelle leghorn X dark brown leghorn splits. There are several Isbars in the mix too. Got the incubator heating up for a bunch more isbar eggs. My blue copper marans are laying too now and I'm anxious to see the results from the new roo. Still on the pre hatch along test runs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    The Serama babies have arrived, they have been hatching since yesterday. I have 14 out of 18 strong babies in the brooder. One in the bator still, against my better judgement I assisted and it is not walking too good. One pipped but never zipped and two with no pips. I will pull the weak one tmr. quickly as I have two runner ducks due on Fri. in lockdown. The next batch is due next Wed. I sure do love my Sportsman and the capacity it has. I love the staggered hatches.

It seems that the humidity change for the first hatch did not effect this second batch. We will see how it goes for the other hatches. I do think I want to come up with a separate hatcher at some point in the future. Might look into making a cooler hatcher. Just for peace of mind and ease of operation. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Good morning Mike! [​IMG]

awesome!!! wasnt my idea just sharing! I would love to see it when your finished please tag me!!

Good mornin Glory! [​IMG] ohhhhh BR babies!!!! sweetness!! hey Morning Glory!!! [​IMG] love that!

ohhhhh dang I am soooo in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great hatch!! congrats!!!!!

GOOD MORNING all!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by