The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    What kind of quail? Cots? What variety?

2. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Awwwwwwwwwwww. Wub. [​IMG]

Have I mentioned that I love my pair of Dickey's cabinets (incubator and hatcher)? Love. Seriously. They're older, picked them up off craig's list from a pheasant guy getting out of the biz. They've got some wear on them, but thus far have been solid stable the past couple years. Hatcher trays are old style, so they have bent wire lids on them and they are getting pretty beat up, so I sucked it up and ordered 4 new hatching trays for it of the new drop cover style. Ernest Dickey is the nicest guy to talk to. Two days later, I've got my boxes from Dickey's. The new trays are so much nicer than the old ones (that were probably 8 or 10 years old). Love the new drop over lids and solid metal components (the old ones have wood fronts and backs). Aaa-ay-aaand they came with 2 adjustable dividers! Woot! Didn't know they'd added those. That will make it sooooooooooooo much nicer! I can split up hatching into batches, better division for me while dirtying fewer trays at a go. Score!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Left shows the top off, 2 dividers in place, tilted up, looking down into the tray. Right shows the lid on, tilted up, looking down into the tray, with the others below.

Also ordered a clear acrylic door to replace my wooden door with a window. All the better to see you with, my dears! It's still in it's sticky paper until I get it in place, but will get a photo when I get it installed this weekend. Hatch is going to be killer this year! I wanted my boys to be able to see as much as possible. Yeah....that's the ticket....it was ENTIRELY for the boys. Shoot, if it were just me, I'd NEVER look in there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Operation "Pimp My Hatcher" is a go.

3. ToddQ

ToddQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2016
    Ellicottville, NY
    Day 12 and dealing with temp swings in my incubator all day. #thanksObama !

4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama

5. Hurley

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop

[​IMG]

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop

7. TJordan

TJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2014
    Lower Alabama
    At least I'm the voice of reason in my family. Give me five years and IF we can get a few acres of land... Them we might expand our birds... Maybe add a pig or goat. Mini cow sounds fun... Oh wait!!! I'm channeling my husband again!!! [​IMG]

8. Hurley

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Sure I am! I'm helping you DECIDE. Didn't have any "Duck"s in the gif!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    Nothing is wrong I have been waiting for years to find a breeder, and now I did, I am getting a dozen eggs.. I just wanted to hatch 2 Bators full for Easter...

10. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    Oh don't worry... I am getting quail, and more pheasants, and turkeys, and MORE chickens, and I think that's it.. Lol the quail won't be ready until the second week of March so so quail for Easter.. Oh now I remember more geese and ducks.. Lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by