The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    oh Glory!! I cant sleep so I am a not a anything person!! I think thats why I laugh so much, lack of sleep and sanity loss

[​IMG] Thanks y'all. I'm tired and little upset, but otherwise ok.
    I am glad your back!! how are you silks?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    LOVE THEM!! so cute!!
    AAAA+++++

kiddos made some for the run and the coop! great project for them to do with old wood or skid boards! We have painted stuff everywhere at the coops!! it adds some interest!!

[​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hinkel-haus-made-of-pallets-recycled-wood-pickets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/saloon-coop-with-pallet-porch-roof

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Aww so sweet!

@granny hatchet these are the baskets I was telling you to look for [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    It's too bad I promised I wouldn't buy eggs this time. I'd love to have Isbars. I knew I shouldn't have made that promise. [​IMG]

5. Loc20chick

Loc20chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
    Eastern Shore MD
    So cute..you just gave me an idea for the windows. I have the same ones so can pain or write on yah!!

6. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Thanks for all the tips. We do have a netted basket meant for the pregnant fish/babies but I didn't use it because it was the first time we have had a pregnant fish and we read moving her or separating her will cause too much stress. I expect some fry to be eaten, I know that happens.

Here is our set up, with hopefully enough hiding spots and lots of floating cover.
    [​IMG]

You can see the male and female platy in front of the skull in this pic
    [​IMG]

7. OHfarmerswife

OHfarmerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2012
    Troy, OH
    [COLOR=006400]Glad to have you join us! :highfive:  [/COLOR]:celebrate :weee [COLOR=006400]I almost asked you a couple of days ago if you were going to join, and I got distracted by something else :oops: ... talk of Isbars maybe ?!?![/COLOR] :confused: [COLOR=006400] [/COLOR]:lau

[COLOR=0000CD]x 2!!![/COLOR]

Thanks KYTin I am excited to join in!!!
    I van understand the distraction with Isbars. [​IMG]

8. AllAboutMyGirls

AllAboutMyGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2015
    MD & VA
  9. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    My mom is coming into town for Easter and wants to take a bunch of chicks home with her she wants some of everything so I don't have to do just my olive eggers for the hatch along!!!

10. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    I just went to your coop page. I want one (or two) of each of them[​IMG] Going to try to get DH to sit down and look at that pallet coop. With all this hatching I have outgrown then newest 4 stall breeding pen that was finished in OCT.[​IMG] Time for him to start again, right! Love, love, love the signs! Your kids got your creativity it seems. Loose Hens is just too cute. We are dividing the (X) garden right now to have 3 more sections for breeding pens and these pictures are just in time for coops to put in them. Thanks for the inspiration Sally!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by