The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I definitely need some darker eggs in my basket. Sooooo, ordered a dozen cuckoo marans (so I can keep the pullets and send away the boys after hatch). That was a sensible choice on my part. Totally practical.

So were the serama eggs I accidentally bought at the same time. Wait, what?

I definitely need some darker eggs in my basket. Sooooo, ordered a dozen cuckoo marans (so I can keep the pullets and send away the boys after hatch). That was a sensible choice on my part. Totally practical.

So were the serama eggs I accidentally bought at the same time. Wait, what?

lol.png

I talked Blu into silkie eggs, but I can't find a seller that has their colors separated. I want gray and BBS
hmm.png
And now he's telling me no eggs again after looking over my shoulder. He spotted the price plus shipping and said he took it back.
barnie.gif

I talked Blu into silkie eggs, but I can't find a seller that has their colors separated. I want gray and BBS
hmm.png
And now he's telling me no eggs again after looking over my shoulder. He spotted the price plus shipping and said he took it back.
barnie.gif
That's a bummer, I hope he has a quick relapse back to when it was a good idea.

I have Splash, adorable little buggers. Unfortunately they arent laying though
hmm.png
If they were Id send some eggs off to you.

I've been trying to get a pretty splash! Well, I have one now, but, has red in it. I kept going back and forth as to what it was..girl, boy? Today I looked at it and said, you are a boy. Just came in from putting a few little ones back into their coop...and there it was! It's a boy..and his crow is already loud! He's only just coming up on three months..but looks four. Wonder if he would start breeding my big girls..wonder if I could get a nice splash. I have him in with some Blue Copper Marans..pure. Thought if he was a she, would be great, because I have a male and two female Marans..now I need to separate him. Not that they are old enough to lay yet, but might as well. I have 3 EE girls that would be a good mix with him..they aren't old enough to lay yet either. A couple of months. I have a beautiful marans mix out there that lays really pretty dark eggs. I want a splash!
Not great, but this is my splash olive egger. She's a super layer and she's a sweet hen. I can't make any more splashes, as I don't have a blue male anymore.

Now Isbars have stunning splash coloring. I don't have this hen anymore. I gave her back to my friend who's eggs I hatched from. She got out of breeding and just wanted 1 Isbar hen, so I gave her back. (I'm sure she was happy to go to a home without roosters)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom