droolin.gif

a

OMG
1f648.png
1f602.png
LOL
1f44f.png
1f60e.png
I AM WAY TO EGGCITED, NO SLEEP TONIGHT, OR FOR THEREST OF THE MONTH... I think God is giving me a birthday present, for meeting her and for her to give me eggs...
1f389.png
1f413.png
1f60e.png
They will be here for me to set for the HAL!!!!
you gave me a big smile Nathan!! so happy for you!

This thread moves do fast it hard to keep up. So confession time, I skip a lot of it.

Are the random posting contests still going on?

Anyway this is my post if they are. Haha.
lau.gif
yer feeling lucky I can tell!

animal-graphics-chickens-585136.gif
Wow!! I'm gone 48 hours and it takes me forever to catch-up!

I have to give credit to my awesome feed store, Sublette Farmers Elevator in Sublette, IL, for the signs. They are given to me each time I get a bag of Purina chicken feed there. I asked if all the Purina dealers were doing it and I was told they had to sign-up for the promotion. I love the signs and wanted to make them available to the the hatchaholics hatchlovers here on the Easter Hatchalong! Three post numbers have been chosen and when someone post at that time....Bingo (this is a The Old Folks Home
old.gif
thread reference)...you win a sign. They are 7 inches x 11 inches and metal. You may win whether you are an official hatch participant or just visiting here and enjoying the fun!!
Here is a photo of the three signs, in case you skipped over it!

Thank you, Kelly, Ron, Mike and Sally for keeping this thing on track....the high speed track!!
images
hugs.gif
awesome!!

Any shakers up for grabs??!!?!?!
barnie.gif
I better find some for ya I guess
lau.gif

Just set a test hatch of 16 eggs today, to make sure everything is working well for the Easter HAL!
fl.gif

I picked up a cute little basket today so I can take cute chick pics when they get here.
wee.gif
yesss.gif
but where is it?
lau.gif
how you doin campin?
hugs.gif

Quote: Really, I wouldnt have guessed that Jack

I want to be added!
yesss.gif
welcome !!

Quote: smart woman up above!

.... Totally just ordered some Bielefelder eggs. Pretty excited!
yesss.gif
to the woman who said at the end of October no more chicks until spring!! bawhahahhahahaaa

Cuties that my broody hatched from thursday-saturday. 2 of these came from blue eggs but I don't know which 2 as they look similar to the 4 from brown eggs. My husband is getting excited about the prospect of maybe getting blue egg layers. I was saying to him yesterday how it was going to be expensive housing this lot and he started coming up with far more expensive plans for much larger numbers of chickens. So maybe if I get another broody in time, I'll set some blue eggs for easter.

too cute!! congrats!

Quote: LOVE them!! so pretty!!! good luck!!

Good Morning! I hope everyone has a great day!
Morning Mike, oh wait I said that a few times already.... Afternoon Mike!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am hoping to have some Easter eggers in my Easter hatch. I have a friend that may be able to get me some eggs . I only have mixes. I set 41 eggs yesterday to make sure I know what I am doing.

Btw the signs are great

Good Luck! very smart of you to set!!

Snapped some shots of my Iowa Blue hens

Still frozen up nort, here, but spring is coming soon!
SWEETNESS hot hens Hurley!!! love those dark legs!

I just had my first hatching....100% hatch rate. I don't have visions of every hatch being that successful, but this will give me a reason to try my hand at it again......

I'm in.
sweet!! welcome!!

Snapped some shots of my Iowa Blue hens

Still frozen up nort, here, but spring is coming soon!

OH MY GOODNESS! Those are gorgeous birds! How do they lay? What color are their eggs? Tell me more!
It is not good for a chicken addict to see things like this... The phenomenon of craving develops
droolin.gif
... Before you know it, you are in the car trying to find out how to get to Iowa.

Assuming that Frieda follows her usual pattern (lay 20-30 eggs then go broody enough to try to hatch her feet
gig.gif
Any failures I can pretty much point back at myself...), then I'll be setting BCMs and Sulmtalers. While I do have a small incubator, I promised myself and my husband (darn accountability) that I'd only incubate when I have a broody--3-4 times a year instead of year-round. Besides, that way, all going well, Frieda can do all the work for the 10-12 weeks she likes to raise the chicks. 'Tis great watching her try to cover "chicks" bigger than herself
gig.gif

Oh, that's why my hen stopped sitting on "her" chicks although mine gave up after only 5 weeks. I just about had a heart attack last night when I couldn't find her in her separate "broody pen". She and the chicks flew over the 3 foot separating fence and joined the others on the roost. Guess it's a good thing I live in Arizona; the chicks were fine this morning.

OH MY GOODNESS! Those are gorgeous birds! How do they lay? What color are their eggs? Tell me more!
It is not good for a chicken addict to see things like this... The phenomenon of craving develops
droolin.gif
... Before you know it, you are in the car trying to find out how to get to Iowa.

The eggs are tinted / light brown, laying moderate large eggs at maturity. They go broody (especially if eggs aren't picked up) and are protective mothers. They'll lay through the winter with a little light, otherwise winter laying can be sporadic. They are hyperaware of their surroundings and have a ton of character, active and animated. They are a great homesteader breed, will forage for most of their diet in the summer, and tend to evade predation better than most. The males are great flock guardians and tend to be great with people and take good care of their girls. The breed is in a state of improvement currently, working to restore it back to its original form. They nearly went extinct multiple times and the gene pool got a bit thin, but the last few years have seen some great progress to restoring them back to their former form and function. It's a work in progress, but progressing we are! :)

I wanna hatch either another bunch of silkies, or some silkied or frizzled bantam ameraucanas or seramas if I can find em.

BUT I really want some ducklings this round! Hopefully some cayugas or welsh harlequins... But I heard ducks can pretty filthy ;)
I'm really sick of my chickens raiding my mom's succulents though... they're completely in tatters.

WOW! I'm 639 posts late
th.gif
and it will take me forever to catch up, but I'm in.
thumbsup.gif
What I hatch is going to be determined by which girls choose to grace me with eggs then. Hopefully a LOT more than are now.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom