The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

WOW! I'm 639 posts late
th.gif
and it will take me forever to catch up, but I'm in.
thumbsup.gif
What I hatch is going to be determined by which girls choose to grace me with eggs then. Hopefully a LOT more than are now.
fl.gif
hi-wave.gif
KYT!! Did you get snow?

I just had my first hatching....100% hatch rate. I don't have visions of every hatch being that successful, but this will give me a reason to try my hand at it again......

I'm in.

100% That's great! Congratulations. I have some due to hatch tomorrow. I usually see a pip by now. Hope those little stinkers are just waiting for hatch day.

Im currently collecting a few eggs to run a test batch before the EHAL and was wondering how dirty is too dirty not to set? One of my hens laid outside of the nest box and near a puddle of muddy water and of course the egg rolled into the water. I picked it up and dabbed at it with a dry cloth.

Quote: Hi Mary!
frow.gif
We just got a glancing blow here. Only an inch or two. Not too far SE of us got 4-12" I think, but N and W of us didn't get much at all. My son was so disappointed because he has signed up to shovel snow up north from us to make some money this year. We have opposing prayers going on this year!
lol.png
I told him there could be as much snow north of Owen County as he wants, but it has to stop when it hits the county line. This last storm went the wrong way.

I just had my first hatching....100% hatch rate. I don't have visions of every hatch being that successful, but this will give me a reason to try my hand at it again......

I'm in.
Great job on your hatch.
thumbsup.gif
Welcome to the Easter Hatch A Long!

I wanna hatch either another bunch of silkies, or some silkied or frizzled bantam ameraucanas or seramas if I can find em.

BUT I really want some ducklings this round! Hopefully some cayugas or welsh harlequins... But I heard ducks can pretty filthy ;)
I'm really sick of my chickens raiding my mom's succulents though... they're completely in tatters.
Does this mean you're hatching with us for Easter? (say yes, say yes)
fl.gif

WOW! I'm 639 posts late
th.gif
thumbsup.gif
What I hatch is going to be determined by which girls choose to grace me with eggs then. Hopefully a LOT more than are now.
fl.gif
Welcome to the Easter Hatch A Long!

WOW! I'm 639 posts late
th.gif
thumbsup.gif
fl.gif
ya.gif
frow.gif
glad to see ya here!
bun.gif
I hope they start laying soon!!

Well, 89 into lockdown today, my first hatch with this Ova Easy 100. I am very disappointed with candling, so now I just look for obvious clears and leave it at that. That fact does, however, allow me to imagine a 93% fertility rate...;-] (I've been averaging ~75% until now)

Another problem with not culling too many is that now I cannot fit all the eggs onto the trays laying down, I've had to put a couple into holes they don't quite fit in...;-[ I think I will load laying down next time...but then there's no way it will hold more than 84.

My weight loss at the beginning of day 19 is spot on (well, I should have lost 2 grams more out of the over 6Kg I started with). Its amazing the control you have with this bator and Brinsea's humidity pump.

Now all I have to do is keep them alive until my Premier 1 heat panels arrive in the next few days.

Just got off the phone to Brinsea. They told me there's no need to lay the eggs down, apparently commercial hatcheries hatch standing up all the time??

Back
Top Bottom