The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I'm new to BYC, well as a member. Been reading the site for almost 2 yrs now. I just put my first batch of eggs in my hovabator on Tuesday, dang it! ( hope all 13 hatch...beginners luck) I would have waited if I saw the hatch a long sooner, always next yr
1f60a.png

I forgot to add a picture of my eggs!!

The top two trays are my mixes from my own flock. The left tray is the Ameracauna and Barnvelder that were hand delivered by @yummychocolate3 when she took a road trip to Belfair Wa to get a Rooser. The right tray are BlackCopperMarans and Olive Eggers from a local person.

Funny thing to note.. I always feel strange like I am doing something illicit when I meet someone in a parking lot to buy eggs. Does anyone else feel that way?

Last edited:
I'm in-kind of by accident! My broody is in the mood again, so I gave her four eggs yesterday without realizing it was the set date for the hatch along! She has barnyard mix eggs, white leghorn, EE, and red sex link. Roos are a splash cochin or a barred rock.

Thanks! I sure hope so!
Oh my goodness, that is quite the collection! I guess that speaks volumes that you kept with the same brand! Do you have to adjust the Eco often as far as temp goes, or is it pretty steady?
Temps are pretty steady once you get them adjusted. I could never get a steady temp with my Little Giant, I thought that it was because of my drafty house- not so!

How do we look at the list of how many eggs were set? I know mine it there because Mike said so. I am just curious as what the numbers are for everyone, When I click on it nothing happens.

How do we look at the list of how many eggs were set? I know mine it there because Mike said so. I am just curious as what the numbers are for everyone, When I click on it nothing happens.
Clicking is not what you do, it is a scroll able field. On a pc, use the scroll wheel or arrow down. On a smart phone, use your touch control to move up and down through the field.

I just tested on on my pc using chrome and my android smart phone using mobile. It works great!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom