The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. canadachickens

canadachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2014
    Manitoba, Canada
    still debating what to set for easter.
    basque, EE's, OE's, or Rocks.....
    decisions, decisions.....
    I know what Yokel would do!
    Set all the eggs![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Wow, what a setup you have! I do a lot of staggered hatches also but I incubate in a cabinet bator and hatch in a hova bator. I have 4 baskets crammed in there. I probably could've made it work with just 2. Maybe I'll change it. I don't know yet lol. I locked them down yesterday but just put the baskets in today (I just drilled the holes in them today). I should've double checked my water troughs before I stuck them in there.

3. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 Be the change you wish to see. Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 Be the change you wish to see. Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    I am in total agreement with Yokel's assessment wholeheartedly!!!
    I actually think I'll have to make another incubator just for this. [​IMG]

SO.....

[​IMG]

5. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    @chicken04

[​IMG]

It is great to have you hatching with us!

What are you going to set?

6. codeylpowell

codeylpowell Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2015
    Can i be in it too?

7. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    I feel so welcomed by all of you!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I dint know if it's just me or not, but for this being my I feel as EGGCITED as my first ever hatch... Plus mark it on the calendar the first day of the year... Oh another thing Sally I got my picture in the local calendar AGAIN!!!! For 2 years in a row... The things you get from taking good pics of little chicks!!! LOL :D ;)

8. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    I have done hatches with a local preschool the last 2 years. The first year we didn't have many hatch even though we used my Brinsea. We figured out that the temps dipped on the weekends too much for the Brinsea to compensate for - it would get down to the 40's in the classrooms over the weekend. Last year I incubated the eggs at home and just brought the incubator in for the hatch. Worked out great. Of course, my favorite part of the whole thing is teaching 20 - 25 preschoolers to go "Peep!...Peep!...Peep!..." all day to encourage the eggs to hatch! [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. nate1the1great1

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

YAH another hatcher!!!! And yes you are able to be in!!![​IMG]

10. nate1the1great1

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

LOL!!!! I want to take some to my brothers class, but some of those kids freak me out, especially the parents... I wouldn't like letting them hold them, because knowing them they would squash them... Which is my nightmare...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Atleast my brother is starting to get into it, even though he is scared of the geese... He wanted sultans so I got him them, as long as he takes care of them at shows... I wish all kids could have parents that care enough to teach them about animals..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by