The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

Well these kids around here are... Well... Different... They are very rude, and have no anything... It is strange, the school is a national best, but they parents never teach them how to do stuff so I would be nervous taking something that is as fragile as them... I have had kids accidentally drop them at my house... So another one of my fears... Luckily nothing has ever gotten hurt...

2. nate1the1great1

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    Both...

3. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    Yes, I'm not sure how well it will work with 25 1st graders being in proximity for 3 weeks, but I plan to keep the "just in cases" incubating at home to replace any that don't make it. The cabinet is generally reliable, so hopefully there will be chicks for them to watch hatch. I am not certain if they turn down the heat on the weekends in the school or what. Could always bring them home for the weekend, too. :)

I pretty much count on switching out the eggs right before hatch time with some healthy candling wigglers. Fingers crossed for the kiddos to get to see healthy chicks.

4. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    North
    My Coop

Never ordered online, I stick with feed stores.

Sultans are the 2nd best breed ever, IMO! (Only one that beats 'em is OEGB.)
    Lovely plumage, but roos tend to be on the nasty side. I can't really give em a fair judging though, as I have only had one, an agressive cock. Lovely lil guy when young, would come when called, sit, fall asleep in my lap, and some other stuff. Then he became a teenager.....
    I'm planning on getting some hens soon though, and then I can review them fairly.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH

1 person likes this.
  6. nate1the1great1

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado
    Oh well I don't go through feedstores anymore...

7. GitaBooks

GitaBooks Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jun 23, 2015
    USA

She looks like my Dalmatians. [​IMG] I think its the same color genetics as found in Paint Silkies, if that helps you guess what the chicks will turn out like.

Easter Eggers have to be one of my favorites. Yours are GORGEOUS!

All three are of my pullet, Dodie (named after the author of 101 Dalmatians)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    dang tag my butt!! at night its chaotic

[​IMG] what are you thinking about setting?

[​IMG] welcome!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SET ALL EGGS CC!!!! [​IMG]

of course!! Welcome!!!!

Thats awesome!! that means you been hangin in my house and i didnt know it!! sweet!!

9. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    I had a friend take some eggs to her son's school. It's a church school and the eggs hatched over Thanksgiving during a service. There were parents that were HORRIFIED that their children were exposed to something so gross..... I bet the kids weren't horrified!!

10. Hurley

Hurley Egg Of A Different Color

Mar 17, 2010
    Palmyra, WI
    My Coop
    People need to get out more.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by