The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Good morning, @sally sunshine!

Mornin MC!
hugs.gif

I am still trying to decide what to hatch. I have 16 mixed breeds and 2 Runner ducks in the bator from my own flock as my first ever hatch, they are 10 days along. I have a second set of 19 Serama that are 4 days behind those. I have Silkie/Showgirl eggs that shipped out yesterday, Saipan eggs shipped today.

I think that I am needing some more blue eggs in my basket and to work on breeding my own OE's next year.
Sounds like fun with the OEs!

I am hoping that my new Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandottes will be laying by time to collect.I have a roo (Argent), a hen (Wynona) and a pullet (Dotte). The pullet is molting so when she is done she should begin to lay. The hen seems to be past her molt but it has been really cold so I can understand not getting back to laying. I also have a Sapphire pullet (CCL x WL) in with them. They are in the quarrantine cage at the moment. So it may be possible that I get a cross of those. It would be interesting. The Sapphire will eventually be paired with Moose, my young Silver Chocolate Olive Egger roo. Moose had dark chocolate fuzz with a white chest spot as a chick. Now with his adult plumage in he looks black until you see him against his dad (Long John Silver) who really is a black based silver.

My OE's are all on strike at the moment. My silver hen, Crystal is molting. I thing that the two blue hens, Chicken Little and Cinder have finished molting but they are not yet inclined to lay. Onyx the black hen is not laying either. I am hoping they will snap out of it soon.

I am still thinking about turkey eggs and American Buff Geese eggs. We will see.
you have pics of Moose? would love to see him!

GOOD MORNING HATCHERS!!!
frow.gif

whats everyone got planned this beautiful day?

CHICK UPDATES PLEASE!!!
we know a bunch of ya are in lockdown!! Pictures or they dont exist!!

I got some babies due to hatch today, Pics WILL be happening as soon as they do, just a small bunch of 6 eggs mix bag needed a few more layers and I refuse to buy them it is too much fun hatching them and playing with the babies...... LOL

GOOD MORNING HATCHERS!!!
frow.gif

whats everyone got planned this beautiful day?

CHICK UPDATES PLEASE!!!
we know a bunch of ya are in lockdown!! Pictures or they dont exist!!

Good morning Sally, I didn't even have to look at your username to know it was you as soon as I saw the elephant!
lau.gif

Morning @Sally Sunshine. My hona pullet Lagertha laid another egg this morning, putting me at 3. Do I need to wait for two weeks to incubate? That was the talk in your house regarding pullet eggs. As far as I know these are her first ever.

I think I will post a lot more, so I have a better chance of winning one of those signs!!!
1f44c-1f3fb.png
1f62c.png

Listen young man, i am an old lady and i really want a sign, so go to bed, you have school tomorrow.
wink.png
Just messing with you, you sound like an awesome young man and i wish you the best of luck getting the SECOND sign. First one's mine
big_smile.png

Well these kids around here are... Well... Different... They are very rude, and have no anything... It is strange, the school is a national best, but they parents never teach them how to do stuff so I would be nervous taking something that is as fragile as them... I have had kids accidentally drop them at my house... So another one of my fears... Luckily nothing has ever gotten hurt...

Nate if they want to hold your pets just make it a rule they have to sit on the floor, or as close as possible. That way if they do drop one it won't be as traumatic and make ur heart stop.

I had a friend take some eggs to her son's school. It's a church school and the eggs hatched over Thanksgiving during a service. There were parents that were HORRIFIED that their children were exposed to something so gross..... I bet the kids weren't horrified!!

God forbid they may grow up and see the birth of their own child then. Some people are just WHACK

Back
Top Bottom