The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by Happy Chooks, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada

2. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    [​IMG]

3. nate1the1great1

nate1the1great1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Colorado

I think it is because of the avian influenza, and that they don't realize it only affects chickens poultry, not humans... Plus they are "gross" when in reality they actually are pretty clean, for the most part...

4. Lemonpie

Lemonpie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2012
    Ill probably be in! Hoping to hatch all different types of marans!

5. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    Yes and to keep different breeds separate until you can band them so you can keep "your ducks in a row".

6. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I am still trying to decide what to hatch. I have 16 mixed breeds and 2 Runner ducks in the bator from my own flock as my first ever hatch, they are 10 days along. I have a second set of 19 Serama that are 4 days behind those. I have Silkie/Showgirl eggs that shipped out yesterday, Saipan eggs shipped today.

I think that I am needing some more blue eggs in my basket and to work on breeding my own OE's next year.

7. Penny Hen

Penny Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2013
    Goodlettsville, TN
    I am hoping that my new Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandottes will be laying by time to collect.I have a roo (Argent), a hen (Wynona) and a pullet (Dotte). The pullet is molting so when she is done she should begin to lay. The hen seems to be past her molt but it has been really cold so I can understand not getting back to laying. I also have a Sapphire pullet (CCL x WL) in with them. They are in the quarrantine cage at the moment. So it may be possible that I get a cross of those. It would be interesting. The Sapphire will eventually be paired with Moose, my young Silver Chocolate Olive Egger roo. Moose had dark chocolate fuzz with a white chest spot as a chick. Now with his adult plumage in he looks black until you see him against his dad (Long John Silver) who really is a black based silver.

My OE's are all on strike at the moment. My silver hen, Crystal is molting. I thing that the two blue hens, Chicken Little and Cinder have finished molting but they are not yet inclined to lay. Onyx the black hen is not laying either. I am hoping they will snap out of it soon.

I am still thinking about turkey eggs and American Buff Geese eggs. We will see.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    GOOD MORNING HATCHERS!!! [​IMG]

whats everyone got planned this beautiful day?

CHICK UPDATES PLEASE!!!
    we know a bunch of ya are in lockdown!! Pictures or they dont exist!!

[​IMG]

10. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Good morning, @sally sunshine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by