The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Along with whatever BYM i pull out of my coop I am hoping to get my English Orpington eggs from Hog Creek Ranch in time to set those too.
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Just had me a mix hatch..one of my Bubba's babies. The hen is a leghorn. All of those are hatching out white with the black spots. I've had those before. The one on the left is a leghorn mix, with an EE. The right one is pure Wheaten Americauana. They both gave pretty blue eggs.
Pretty hens!

My first hatch-a-thon!

I am in! Do you all end up selling all your chicks afterwards?
woot.gif

Quote: I've added the recipe book to the prize donation list.

45 minutes? That long? Mine are usually still warm.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Yes and to keep different breeds separate until you can band them so you can keep "your ducks in a row".

Like Becky a friend from the Pa thread....She finally got all her ducks in a row, and dont forget the geese too!

That's funny!

Morning @Sally Sunshine . My hona pullet Lagertha laid another egg this morning, putting me at 3. Do I need to wait for two weeks to incubate? That was the talk in your house regarding pullet eggs. As far as I know these are her first ever.
are you intending to breed them or sell them?? I am still researching this pullet egg stuff, I ran out of time last night and it got pretty chaotic. I think the abstracts go by egg size and not really when they started to lay so using those for reasoning just makes no reason
th.gif
But we do know, there are issues later on with growth. So its up to you, if it was me and I would set them and sell them as pullet egg chicks so the buyer is aware.

Good morning everyone!!!!!
Good Morning!!

I'll join.
yesss.gif
do you have an idea of what breeds your planning?

Morning @Sally Sunshine . My hona pullet Lagertha laid another egg this morning, putting me at 3. Do I need to wait for two weeks to incubate? That was the talk in your house regarding pullet eggs. As far as I know these are her first ever.
I have successfully hatched my Svarthönas' first eggs. At the time I was too scared something would happen to them and I wasn't taking any chances. That was about a year ago when the price for them was still very high. One of the pullets from a very first egg has a mild crossbeak but gets along fine in my layer group. The others didn't have any issues that I can remember. I would go ahead and set them if for no other reason than to check fertility and hatchability. Svarthönas can be difficult to hatch at times, so checking the latter is just as important as the former. JMHO. Good luck!

Morning [@=/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine]@Sally Sunshine[/@]. My hona pullet Lagertha laid another egg this morning, putting me at 3. Do I need to wait for two weeks to incubate? That was the talk in your house regarding pullet eggs. As far as I know these are her first ever.

are you intending to breed them or sell them??  I am still researching this pullet egg stuff, I ran out of time last night and it got pretty chaotic. I think the abstracts go by egg size and not really when they started to lay so using those for reasoning just makes no reason :th   But we do know, there are issues later on with growth.  So its up to you, if it was me and I would set them and sell them as pullet egg chicks so the buyer is aware. 

Good morning everyone!!!!!

Good Morning!!

I'll join.

:yesss:   do you have an idea of what breeds your planning?

I don't know if I'll be selling anything for awhile. I was wanting to test fertility and incubating is the FUN way. :D

Morning [@=/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine]@Sally Sunshine[/@]. My hona pullet Lagertha laid another egg this morning, putting me at 3. Do I need to wait for two weeks to incubate? That was the talk in your house regarding pullet eggs. As far as I know these are her first ever.

I have successfully hatched my Svarthönas' first eggs. At the time I was too scared something would happen to them and I wasn't taking any chances. That was about a year ago when the price for them was still very high. One of the pullets from a very first egg has a mild crossbeak but gets along fine in my layer group. The others didn't have any issues that I can remember. I would go ahead and set them if for no other reason than to check fertility and hatchability. Svarthönas can be difficult to hatch at times, so checking the latter is just as important as the former. JMHO. Good luck!

Thanks!! I've been looking for someone who has hatched them before. :celebrate

Do you happen to remember the egg size? Her first was 36 grams. I haven't weighed the other two but if they're any bigger it's not by much. Did they eventually lay daily? Lagertha is still every other day. It's fine, but hard to gather an ideal clutch.

Back
Top Bottom