The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

@Sally Sunshine.
She enjoyed speaking to another enthusiast that is my age... She has a bunch also.. But loves her Icelandic the most.

I JUST GOT PICS!!!! :cd

I LOVE THEM ALREADY

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, I created a coturnix egg candling guide: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/coturnix-quail-egg-candling-guide
you done good Peeps!
hugs.gif
thank you so much for helping so many others to come!

Well, 89 into lockdown today, my first hatch with this Ova Easy 100. I am very disappointed with candling, so now I just look for obvious clears and leave it at that. That fact does, however, allow me to imagine a 93% fertility rate...;-] (I've been averaging ~75% until now)

Another problem with not culling too many is that now I cannot fit all the eggs onto the trays laying down, I've had to put a couple into holes they don't quite fit in...;-[ I think I will load laying down next time...but then there's no way it will hold more than 84.

My weight loss at the beginning of day 19 is spot on (well, I should have lost 2 grams more out of the over 6Kg I started with). Its amazing the control you have with this bator and Brinsea's humidity pump.

Now all I have to do is keep them alive until my Premier 1 heat panels arrive in the next few days.
Glad your fert rates are up!! Best of Luck with the hatch!!
fl.gif

Quote:
She enjoyed speaking to another enthusiast that is my age... She has a bunch also.. But loves her Icelandic the most.
This is awesome, I bet she sure did!

@Sally Sunshine .
Quote:
I JUST GOT PICS!!!!
D.gif

I LOVE THEM ALREADY

Look at this !!! dOES she scream LOOK AT ME or what!

you done good Peeps! :hugs thank you so much for helping so many others to come! Glad your fert rates are up!! Best of Luck with the hatch!! :fl This is awesome, I bet she sure did! Look at this !!! dOES she scream LOOK AT ME or what!
a OMG
1f648.png
1f602.png
LOL
1f44f.png
1f60e.png
I AM WAY TO EGGCITED, NO SLEEP TONIGHT, OR FOR THEREST OF THE MONTH... I think God is giving me a birthday present, for meeting her and for her to give me eggs...
1f389.png
1f413.png
1f60e.png
They will be here for me to set for the HAL!!!!

This thread moves do fast it hard to keep up. So confession time, I skip a lot of it.

Are the random posting contests still going on?

Anyway this is my post if they are. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom