The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Quote:

Isn't it though. Wowsers. We very rarely use anything on the list...mostly vaccinations for the cattle/sheep. Still, it takes away the choice if you already are familiar with the product and use it.
hmm.png

We use ivermectin for the cattle and sheep. Went to a seminar at Christmas put on by our Vet's regarding deworming. From what we heard...not surprised I guess about the ivermectin.
Do you have sulfur salt blocks in Canada? An old (80+) cattleman told me 12 years ago to use it and it would keep the mosquitoes from eating up my horses. I had one mare who was so allergic to them her whole back would pebble up with swelling and scabs. It worked and my sheep had access to it too. Then five years went by and I realized that my sheep had not had colds in all that time. When I first had them if I had a cold they had running noses too. I know not the same Rhino virus but they both will grow in like conditions. Then it started getting hard for me to get the blocks. People had forgot why the older farmers used them. I had to use some medicines a couple of years when I couldn't find any at Tractor Supply or the nearby Co-Ops.

Quote:

X 2!!

X 2 again...lol!

Isn't it though. Wowsers. We very rarely use anything on the list...mostly vaccinations for the cattle/sheep. Still, it takes away the choice if you already are familiar with the product and use it.
hmm.png

We use ivermectin for the cattle and sheep. Went to a seminar at Christmas put on by our Vet's regarding deworming. From what we heard...not surprised I guess about the ivermectin.

I don't quite understand why your hubby isn't for selling chicks?
hide.gif

Mine would be saying "YES, YES, YES!!! Sell ALL the chicks!!!
gig.gif

(ok...he's already saying that)
hide.gif
Mine too lol. DH doesn't understand my love affair with my chickens
hide.gif
I cant help it I really do love them and not even in the pet sense because we don't name them(except the Silkies) and we even eat them. But I really do LOVE, love, love, love, chickens, daily conversations with them and everything lol. DH doesn't get it.

Quote: All the large farming operations already have a veterinarian on staff, so this is no big deal to them. This will only really be a problem for the small farm operations. Surprise, surprise...
duc.gif

Today's hatch
big_smile.png

And I found out something interesting today - when you breed a Svarthöna (fibromelanistic) to a cockerel split to chocolate and the resulting chick (it's a girl!!
celebrate.gif
) is chocolate, it makes EVERYTHING chocolate!
thumbsup.gif
The comb, the beak, the legs and all are chocolate! I imagine the bones and meat will be chocolate, too. I haven't been able to get myself to eat the black meat on the Svarthöna culls yet
hu.gif
, but chocolate chicken?
hmm.png
Maybe...

All the large farming operations already have a veterinarian on staff, so this is no big deal to them. This will only really be a problem for the small farm operations. Surprise, surprise...
duc.gif

Today's hatch
big_smile.png

And I found out something interesting today - when you breed a Svarthöna (fibromelanistic) to a cockerel split to chocolate and the resulting chick (it's a girl!!
celebrate.gif
) is chocolate, it makes EVERYTHING chocolate!
thumbsup.gif
The comb, the beak, the legs and all are chocolate! I imagine the bones and meat will be chocolate, too. I haven't been able to get myself to eat the black meat on the Svarthöna culls yet
hu.gif
, but chocolate chicken?
hmm.png
Maybe...
Send me the culls , ill eat em
lol.png

A friend of mine took a photo of a silkie that she bought from me..and got this! She made the Valentine's Day quotes for it. Have to share. Note, the heart butt!

12734171_10154611356414778_5962734810670679476_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom