The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

I SET 6 CALL DUCK EGGS yesterday for the hatch a long. My girls aren't laying well right now, and I could only get six eggs over the course of two weeks. I also have an egg eater, so who knows how many are being laid. Kind of a bummer, but oh well.

@Sahwithchicks
0094.gif
Funny-Gifs-Happy-Birthday.gif
giphy.gif

Happy-birthday-fail-GIF.gif

richard-simmons-birthday.jpg
happy-birthday-to-you.gif

80629-happy-birthday-gif-kGzm.gif

BIRTHDAY-GIF.gif

Quote:
You had a terrible string of luck. Hopefully that's over...lol. Glad your accident wasn't serious.
Congrats
wee.gif

In that video there is probably more chickens
Waking down that ramp than what I own lol

I think that would probably be the same for most of us. I have led a sheltered life, apparently.
gig.gif

Quote: WOW!!!

Gooooooooooood morning folks!
Today is my birthday and I fully intend on buying myself chicken related
lau.gif

I decided not to set my two turkey eggs for the hatchalong, and wait until I can set more. Luckily, I am getting tons of chicken eggs so I still will have lots to let by next weekend.

Leave it to me to pick a strange birthday greeting!!
gig.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

If you start bidding at the beginning of an auction, put in a bid close to your max bid. That way, as others bid it up in small increments, they are continually outbid and may get discouraged and decide to wait for the next auction. If they do reach your bid, don't bid again until very end to fake out the other bidder(s) that you are no longer interested and they can relax. Then very close to the end, put in your absolute max bid.

If you continually bid up in small amounts, it always looks like you are close to your max amount and may give in at any time, so your competition will be thinking "just a little bit more and I can get him to give up." With both of you thinking that way, the price can go much higher.
Auctions and bidding are SO stressful!! But obtaining the item is SO worth it!!
thumbsup.gif

everyone!!

Last edited:
Hey guys I haven't been on for about a week, but I have many new things. Lol. First, twizzlers 2 eggs went into lockdown and internally pipped and then the next day died. I was very upset, but I need to get her some babies so I got her some mystery babies. (Austrolorp or sex link)

This was after I got a "surprise package of chicks in the mail... Cackle hatchery called the week before saying the sultans weren't going to hatch, so they were delaying my order til tomorrow. Well on the 19th I get a phone call saying that I have birds here... I went there and they sent 21 birds but 6 died that day since they were shipped for 3 days... So they are sending the sultans and 5 new Yokohamas since I only have 1 left and 3 appenzeller spitzhauben since I lost 2 of them. Atleast all of my buckeyes survived and the Yokohama left I think is a girl, well actually I think all are girls, but I wanted some boys lol... Anyways I was supposed to get 10 ducks on the 18th ,but they delayed them until the 22nd so I got them on the 24th. They sent me my 5 blue Swedish ducks, and 6 black runner 2 male 3 female 1 straight run as extra, but the extra died that night since it was a runt. The next day is the day I went to go to TSC and I got a free khaki Campbell and twizzlers babies

I didn't set any duck or goose eggs since they weren't laying, but I am planning on setting some austrolorp eggs and whatever I can collect around here as well as what ladycluck77 is sending me. Thanks ladycluck77 your the best!! And a lifesaver!!! Or should I say a chicken freak saver... ( my reference on Instagram) :D

Happy birthday sahwithchicks
1f3b6.png
happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear sahwithchicks, happy birthday to you
1f3b6.png
:yiipchick:celebrate:hugs

Back
Top Bottom