The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

My Ayam Cemani eggs just got here! The auction was for 8+, she told me she was sending ten, and she sent 12! One broke, one has a loose air cell, one doesn't have an air cell I can see, not sure about it. 5 are saddle celled, but this is pretty great! They came from Idaho to California. She said the eggs were laid on the 25th.

Sorry! I was hoping to fill my incubator with something other than just my mutts. Now it will overfloweth lol
There were some Salmon Favorelles and Welsummers in the BST section that could ship out quick. I PMd him the other day just in case I didn't find anything else.

That's ok! Lol my girls are just getting back to laying so I don't have much to incubate right now...hoping I can find something in time!
1f601.png
1f60a.png

Quote: Wisher is in north Alabama. @chirpingcricket is in Fairhope, but I don't know how far that is from you. TJ, I don't know if you've found it yet, but here's a link to the Alabama thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/29002/alabama/12800#post_16610093

So this is the incubator but I don't know what temp I should do for twelve eggs or how I should position them
idunno.gif
101 on temp. If you've got the turner, then just put them in point down. If not, you can either lay them on their sides and hand turn or make your own turner. It's a great incubator. I have 2. One is the old model from about 5 years ago and the other is the same as this one. I don't have a turner for either of them.

Quote: Yep. Two days before and 2 days after set date. With bad aircells, you should let them sit for at least 12 to 24 hours so the aircells reattach. @Sally Sunshine has a ton of great links to help.

Anyone familiar with this please chime in, Lady has a Hovabator Genisis 1588 w/egg turner, 3 yrs old. asking $100. Is this a good deal for it being 3 yrs old ?

Only if everything is working well.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
I can't seem to break these up tonight so here goes I think.. Assisted living hatch... OH MY GOSH!! That is awesome!! I think I just found a great project for our little group from North Idaho/Eastern Washington. Cree57 I had to LOL at your post. I have a cabinet incubator and the thought of filling it up scares me! Although I am quickly working my way toward that. I started with 12 egg hatches. My Easter Hatch A long will be over 70 eggs. This bad boy will hold 270 chicken eggs!! I am going to start quail also and I am terrified because it can hold 1300!! Holy cow.... I think the first two are boys and the next are pullets.. Just my guess.... Who did you get your Cemani eggs from? What is the Sellers name?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom