The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

​I haven't incubated eggs that I haven't personally selected and/or transported myself. However, even traveling from a local breeder to my house is cause for me to rest the eggs. I let them sit on the counter untouched for 24 hours before incubating them. Then they are incubated air cell up in the incubator with an automatic turner like the rest of the non transported eggs.

Maybe someone else would have some other suggestions.

Ok thanks. As I said before I ask advice when I've never done it before. Like you I've only ever hatched my personal eggs. This will be a learning experience for me.

Good evening everyone!
Just got 2 dozen eggs locally a mix of some marans, giants, silver win, austros, sussex, welsummer. Have no idea which eggs are which (except for the marans) will be setting these on Saturday for the hatch along
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

It's so hard resisting setting them now!

Got the eggs from Franchesca Duval today in CA.
celebrate.gif
They are intact!!!
wee.gif
Air air cells are wobbly, but not free floating. Only a couple look like they may be saddle. PTL. I'm at 50% now. Egg order from OR. should arrive tomorrow.

So glad this one came in in better condition than the other one. Did u get the pkg i sent ?

Ok my chicken friends, air saddle cells. I read some but not sure what to do care wise. I'm letting rest 12 hours because I've never hatched shipped before so is there special care during incubation? Should I turn the turner off for a few days? Help please
1f605.png

Check out the first page on Sallys ' Incubating with friends' thread. She has great info

Someone asked me about peafowl eggs, like what color, size, etc, so I took these pictures for them and thought some people here might also be interested.

Four large duck eggs​

Four peafowl eggs​

Four pea eggs above four duck eggs​

Largest pea egg next to largest duck egg​

Large pea egg (125 grams), large turkey egg, large duck egg.​

114 gram pea egg next to turkey egg​

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom