The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Ok y'all do I say on here what I all set or nah? Anywho is it ok if there was a little spike in humidity? Last night it spiked up to 70 % it's back down to 50 now, I set them last night ( one of the Bators, because I had to get a new one his morning since the newest one was junk) I am going to set my second bator in about 30 minutes! I will tell y'all what eggs I have in my bator that I am keeping. Bobwhite quail, Mexican speckled, snowflake, Cali white, and the ones that are like the California quail, but have a little difference in pattern, white pheasant eggs, lavender Orpington, golden and silver laced Wyandotte, French copper Maran, buff Cochin bantam, salmon faverolles, EE, some bantam projects I am starting, austrolorp, and some laying hen eggs I want to have babies from. The other bator (for what people ordered) I have Minorca, leghorn, EE, SLW cross NN, and a bunch of other NN or polish cross... Chicken math is what caused my bator to have more stuff. I went down to a friend that runs the state fair game bird show, and I went to get 1 dozen quail eggs (6bobwhite 6snowflake) and came home with 3 dozen eggs... WOOPS.. 1 dozen and 8 eggs quail 2 pheasant, and the rest chicken... He breeds lavender orps, golden laced Wyandotte, silver laced Wyandotte, buff Cochin bantam, and any pheasant, peacock, for use, quail, or pigeon you desire!!

Just set my eggs.
Incubator: 6 Shipped Olive egger eggs and 1 turken egg

Broody Mama: 7 barnyard mix eggs

Last edited:
I set 24 mutt chicken eggs. Last year we had beautiful mixed breed. I have no idea what I'm going to get this year all I know is that they will at least have 25%-50% faverolle.

*Whine* I dropped a perfectly good, fertile turkey egg while trying to un-bubble wrap it. On the bright side, I was able to see that it was fertile (insert headsmack emoji here). My 3 remaining turkey eggs won't count for the HAL but oh well

I set 24 mutt chicken eggs. Last year we had beautiful mixed breed. I have no idea what I'm going to get this year all I know is that they will at least have 25%-50% faverolle.
Mine are mutts too that is why I just put the color of the egg, My hens are BO's/EE/Olive/RIR and dads are LH,ameracana,JG,EE So it will be interesting to see what I come up with

Question: Do I need to post a pic of my bator?

Back
Top Bottom