The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Hahahahha it's like a blank chicken check lol I want one of those :) :) :) what is he hoping to get now?

He doesn't know. Just more pullets.

I just got an order for 5 (maybe more) chicks when they hatch for a friend at church. I've started spreading the chicken disease.
1f602.png
1f602.png
not to mention the teacher at school that wants 2 pullets and the school itself voting on building a coop for the kids.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
and so it starts.

OMG, you guys are so bad - I'm DETERMINED not to candle until day 7, but you're making it so hard!
he.gif

:::putting fingers in ears, figuratively::::

I can't HEAR you! LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa...

- Ant Farm

I guess I'm the bad one. I started it off with that post today
1f602.png
1f602.png
. I only candled the first dozen I got shipped. I'll do the rest on day 7-8...
1f61c.png
be good on the rest

Late to the Hatching party... just remembered it! Set 18 eggs this past Sunday. Is there something I am supposed to do other than say "I'm in"? My friend is going to shoot me kindly! That's too many for our set up! LOL. But they are so much fun to have!

Last edited:
My incubator is driving me nuts. Can't get the egg turner to work. Pulled all the eggs out again to try to get it working. Candled them in the process. Really good visible development on half, other half not as much. One blood ring to toss. Fan motor seized up again, blew out the dust and got it going again. Made sure I switched the eggs around so they aren't all ending up in the same hot/cool spots. Now the two thermometers I have running in are 5 degrees different.
Going to stop at TSC tomorrow to pick up another incubator. If I can't find one there, Amazon Prime will bring me one.
Edit to add: it is a Little Giant incubator, got it for free 2 years ago. Bought the egg Turner last Christmas. Hasn't been too bad for me, but this is the first year fully loaded and with lots of purchased eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom