The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Today is day 17 for me. This is my first time incubating eggs. I set 12 and have 6 going strong. I would've only had 2 quitters and 10 going strong but I messed up their humidity. I added too much water, right before I went to bed and forgot to check on them until around 11 the next morning. The humidity had been at 70 all that time. It killed four of my babies. I'm thankful I still have 6 going strong! Air cells are growing and they have nice strong blood vessels. Tomorrow is lockdown!!!

70% humidity will not kill them.
Don't blame yourself, humidity at 70% for less than a day wouldn't hurt anything. They must have quit for another reason.

Good luck with the rest of your eggs!
thumbsup.gif

Right! It is more likely to be from shipping stress or temperature.

Candled today, and have for sure 13 alive and well. 2 I think are dead; no blood vessels visable, no movement. What do people normally do? Remove them, or leave them in?

Candled today, and have for sure 13 alive and well. 2 I think are dead; no blood vessels visable, no movement. What do people normally do? Remove them, or leave them in?

If this is day 14, I would remove them. If it is day 7 I would leave them. You don't want them to explode if they are rotten!

It's day 15 actually. I'm leaning towards removing them. I just really want chicks from the hen that laid these eggs, and I keep thinking, what if I'm wrong? What if they aren't dead? I'm pretty certain they are, though, so I might as well just pull them out.

If they don't explode, could they be a danger to the other eggs that are still doing well?

This Contest Closes Tomorrow!

Remember to Post Your Entry Soon!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-contest-1-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long
Deadline for entry is March 21st, 2016 at midnight PST

Contest #2

Photo Caption Contest #1!

7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

SPONSORED BY

Do you think you are funny?
Want some Bragging Rights?
Your creativity, wit and humor could win you bragging rights

AND some AWESOME Prizes! Enter the BYC Photo Caption Contest
and your entries will be judged on the basis of wit,
creativity, humor and originality!
Our BYC Judges will choose 10 finalists, and then YOU vote for your favorites!

It's day 15 actually. I'm leaning towards removing them. I just really want chicks from the hen that laid these eggs, and I keep thinking, what if I'm wrong? What if they aren't dead? I'm pretty certain they are, though, so I might as well just pull them out.

If they don't explode, could they be a danger to the other eggs that are still doing well?

If they don't explode, no danger. Keep sniffing your incubator frequently if you decide not to take them out. By day 15 you should know if they are going to develop though.

Day 15 candle and the clears from earlier were still clear so I tossed them 32 eggs felt like so many to toss. My first time incubating a huge batch and it goes like this. Of the 8 that were developing a few I think 4 look like they are quitters but I'm not sure. Will look at some pictures here on and decide what to do.

Back
Top Bottom