The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

They are ADORABLE! It would be easy to get hooked on them. 'specially like the blue and yellow ones. I better not come see them, some would probably jump in my car. :jumpy

Moved more chicks out of the house last night to a raised outside brooder on the porch and the ones in that brooder graduated to a raised chicken tractor in the yard. I just keep chanting 'no coccidia, no coccidia' over and over. So far :fl

Just 1 group in the house currently and part of them are going to live in TX tomorrow...then 50 ish to begin hatching Friday. OH MY. 

You have green grass. That is amazing! Is that water? Those are some lucky ducks!

The blue with yellow chests are blue bibbed...

The blue and yellow striped are Blue Fawn... I have at least 2 pair of these ready for a new home... ;)

No water, that's the road below our hill... we have several pools for the ducks, plus a wet weather spring above us, lol... and somehow we never lost our grass this winter... :confused:

:fl No cocci... if you get an issue, holler... I have a big bottle of the other stuff I told you about if you want to try it... :)

Oh my, how cute!

Thanks, Mike! We love them... :)

The blue with yellow chests are blue bibbed...

The blue and yellow striped are Blue Fawn... I have at least 2 pair of these ready for a new home...
wink.png

No water, that's the road below our hill... we have several pools for the ducks, plus a wet weather spring above us, lol... and somehow we never lost our grass this winter...
hu.gif

fl.gif
No cocci... if you get an issue, holler... I have a big bottle of the other stuff I told you about if you want to try it...
smile.png

Thanks, Mike! We love them...
smile.png

I have a pond.......
smack.gif
Got to stop!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that stuff. Time to find that text!

I finally got over to my neighbor's house to candle my HAL eggs!
t6387.gif
The Welsummer eggs from a friend's flock were all clears.
sad.png
The flock is 6 years old and she wondered if the male was still fertile....he's not. Of the 12 shipped Mille Fleur d'uccle eggs, 3 were non-starters and the other 9 are looking good!
chicken-45.gif
Of the 19 Icelandic eggs, 16 are looking great...one clear, one blood ring and one quitter, about day 5. So 25 left.......
I have two broodies
31282_ae8afbca126e12fd94ccd9eb177ec235.gif
that will be moved to "private quarters" tonight. If they stick on their new nests, I'll be splitting the 16 Icelandic eggs between them. I guess I'll be testing my MHP (Momma Heating Pad) on those little bantams.

Happy First Day of Spring!!
t69087.gif
....even though it is 42F here and will be down below freezing tonight...and the next couple of nights...I am feeling winter release her grip!!

My poor Lucky has a busted leg. He really will be lucky if he makes it. Must've busted under the egg turner (hatcher broke and had to transfer the hatching chicks to the main incubator in a hurry).

I might try 6 more NN eggs; I have had them in the fridge for a week but I cracked one open today and it was fertile, so it doesn't hurt anything to try. If even 1 hatches I'll feel better about losing so many to my stupid planning.

Very cool!  Tell them to get their timing right next year.

Yeah, right.

I'm sorry you lost so many, but at least you got 1 chick.  What happened with your humidity during lockdown?

I'm not sure what causes it, other than shipping can move the air cell, but I have had some not shipped with air cell's on the side of the egg.  They can hatch fine, but they should be laid on their side for hatching.
Ok, thanks! Its not a shipped egg, its from my own flock. It totally baffled me when i candled Saturday!

Must...........resist.............the............power............of.............the..............duckling.
barnie.gif

X2. I am trying SO hard right now to not get ducks... Gotta finish the duck coop first.... But there are enablers everywhere I look here!
lau.gif

It doesn't help they are SO cute that I squeal every time I see one.
love.gif

-Banti

Back
Top Bottom