The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

For those who were interested in what the Wheaten Ameraucana x White Leghorn (SBEL) chicks looked like - @pjnbill22 here are a few pictures of the 5 chicks that hatched out last Thursday/Friday. They seem to be all white with a few random grey/black spots, Pea Combs, some poofy cheeks(?). I will take updated pictures each week as they get older.
smile.png

The little spots make them super cute. I'd also like to see pictures as they get bigger!

somad.gif
he.gif

OK so I am going to vent real quick..... I got an emergency call from a local animal shelter yesterday about 2 baby ducks about 3 weeks old that were in need of some help. A women went to a store bought 2 Pekin Ducks so that her daughter could play a prank on a teacher at school. Well, after the prank was over she didn't know what to do with these babies so she stuck them in a small shoe box and put a book on the top of the box, she had a shot glass in the box with water full of poop and she had been throwing sugared cereal into the box for 2 1/2 week to feel them. She finally decided it was time to get rid of them and was going to drop them off at a local park on a river bank....... Thank god there was a cop there and got a bad vibe by what this lady was doing and he took the ducks to a local shelter, unfortunately this shelter is not equipped to take "farm animals" as they call them and called me to see if I could help. After they were checked by a vet these poor babies are SUPER dehydrated, they are anemic, their legs are so cracked they are splitting and bleeding. The male has a dry crack in his beak and the vet had to scrape dried on poop off the inside top of his beak.

I DONT GET IT, I DONT understand how people can just be so horrible. I was supposed to be fostering these ducks just until they are healthy enough to be rehomed, but alas I am a foster failure and will be keeping them. They have had it bad enough I am not about to let them go to another bad situation. Besides, they follow me EVERYWHERE and our resident bunny has already made them her BFF's LOL

:mad: :he   

OK so I am going to vent real quick..... I got an emergency call from a local animal shelter yesterday about 2 baby ducks about 3 weeks old that were in need of some help. A women went to a store bought 2 Pekin Ducks so that her daughter could play a prank on a teacher at school. Well, after the prank was over she didn't know what to do with these babies so she stuck them in a small shoe box and put a book on the top of the box, she had a shot glass in the box with water full of poop and she had been throwing sugared cereal into the box for 2 1/2 week to feel them. She finally decided it was time to get rid of them and was going to drop them off at a local park on a river bank....... Thank god there was a cop there and got a bad vibe by what this lady was doing and he took the ducks to a local shelter, unfortunately this shelter is not equipped to take "farm animals" as they call them and called me to see if I could help. After they were checked by a vet these poor babies are SUPER dehydrated, they are anemic, their legs are so cracked they are splitting and bleeding. The male has a dry crack in his beak and the vet had to scrape dried on poop off the inside top of his beak.

I DONT GET IT, I DONT understand how people can just be so horrible. I was supposed to be fostering these ducks just until they are healthy enough to be rehomed, but alas I am a foster failure and will be keeping them. They have had it bad enough I am not about to let them go to another bad situation. Besides, they follow me EVERYWHERE and our resident bunny has already made them her BFF's LOL

Poor babies. People are so ignorant and just plain stupid. I'm sorry animals have to suffer for our lack of knowledge. I too would be a foster failure in that case. They deserve to never have to suffer again. And you can give them a great life to make up for their trauma.

Pictures of the little ones when possible please?

somad.gif
he.gif

I don't know what is wrong with some people. It was nice of you to take them in.

Quote: You're welcome.

somad.gif
he.gif

Poor little ones :( Some people SUCK

I just don't get it either :idunno
At the end of the day they are living creatures and need to be cared for, just what were they thinking when they got them! :mad:
I'm so pleased to read they have a forever home with you :hugs

Aww! Poor little ones! Is so horrible that people don't understand the value of a low and the care required for them. I'm glad they knew to call you so you can care for them.

Back
Top Bottom