The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

22 out of 24 eggs went into lock down!!!
fl.gif

Should I be worried about how high up my mama hen is from the ground when her eggs hatch?

What if one of the chicks decide to got sky diving? Will she go after them or or stay on the eggs that still need to hatch?
Should I move her? Would she break her set on her eggs if I move her?

Should I be worried about how high up my mama hen is from the ground when her eggs hatch?

What if one of the chicks decide to got sky diving? Will she go after them or or stay on the eggs that still need to hatch?
I would make a ramp not too steep to go over the metal, so when she is ready she can take them up and down, don't worry they will stay next to mom like glue, and if one gets separated she will call it so just make sure it can get back home. no I don't think it would break her set, they are pretty stubborn when it comes to hatching babies. Somebody else chime in.

I've had to move 2 broodies. One stayed on the eggs, the other gave up. If you do move her, make sure it's in the dead of night and everything is ready for her when she gets placed there.

Well.....first hatch not going well.  I put 5 into lockdown.  3 are viable, 2 are questionable.

Lots of blood rings and deaths around the 10 day mark.  

I am really sad! Almost makes me not want to incubate again :(

Chin up!
I had 3 0% hatch rates because of a bad incubator and I was really happy with my first successful hatch! And now I'm waiting on hatch #3!
Seeing your remaining babies hatch will definitely brighten your spirits!

Back
Top Bottom