The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

All 19 eggs that made it to lockdown have hatched. I have so many silkies!!!
Wonderful, Congratulations!
woot.gif

And a picture of the cuties!
Awwwww

My hatch is over! 8/12 hatched!
Awesome! Congratulations!

15 out of 24 hatched. One in bator, 8 made it to 18th day but didn't make it. I had some how temperature troubles (97) on the end of this hatch. ,
Great! Congrats. Sorry the one didn't make it.

All these cute babies!!!! BABY BUTT OVERLOAD!!!!!!

I took 5 chicks this afternoon to a new home. They will be waiting in the baskets of 2 little girls that tried and failed a hatch of there own last month. I'm so glad I could be a part of that for them.
Oh, how nice! The little girls will be thrilled.

Ok so I removed two chicks from the incubator before they fluffed because they could easily touch the heating element. So now it's morning and they have been in there for at least 12 hours and they haven't fluffed. One actually feels kind of hard what do I do??? Any help is thanked a lot! :D
they were probably goopy. You can give them a warm bath to soften the feathers. Make sure you dry them. You can also just leave them and they will be fine just not fluffy

Quote:
AWESOME!!!
jumpy.gif
Did you name them all yet?
lau.gif
NOOOO
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
but half are gone already!!! YAYAYYAYAAAAAA
I'm glad 1/2 are gone already!
thumbsup.gif

@sally sunshine Hi Sally & Mike, my EHAL results are 10/15 hatched
ya.gif
6 girls & 4 boys, 5 DIS. Very pleased with my hatch considering finding low temps & had to be out of town on the second day of hatch. DD assisted with 1 girl today that had been pipped for over 24 hours & was experiencing distress. She was pretty sticky, but I washed her & put her back in the incubator for tonight to keep her extra warm after having to wash her. Thanks Sally for all the help that you have given me with this hatch, your the best
hugs.gif
Congratulations! Sounds like the DD did good!
clap.gif

The 4th winner of the Random Posting Contest is..........

Penny Hen

You have won a poultry sign, courtesy of NotAFarm.for your post here.

There is still one more chance to win!

Congratulations @Penny Hen

So I am running a wild experiment tonight. Some of you know that I have a bantam Wyandotte hen with an injured hip. I got it to go back into place and wrapped her in an Ace bandage to hold things while it heals.Well today is day 4 and she has been lethargic and depressed all day. She wouldn't eat. So tonight I grabbed a couple of quail chicks from the brooder and put them in her box with her. I have her in a plastic tub in the living room. I put ground up feed in her bowl and the two chicks went after it. She just looked at them and after awhile she started taking little bites too. Right now they are up under her and cozy. I think she is going to adopt them. She was lonely and bored and in pain and was depressed but she has perked up. They are all fast asleep at the moment.
Interesting, no sign of being broody before this? I hope she heals ok!

This was the best way to corral all 19 babies: 2 silkies, 1 showgirl, 2 CCL, 4 BBS Copper Marans, and the rest are various leghorn varieties. I am completely addicted!
That's adorable.

Final count is 9 live chicks of 27 eggs set.
One Araucana bantam mix and 8 blue laced red wyandottes, it's a box of chick-munks
Congratulations on you hatch!

Congratulations to all that have chicks already and to those with pips and zips. Mine were still quiet as of lastnight. :( I'm still praying that at least some hatch...

How do you give a baby chick ab bath. I know not to soak them so do I run a drizzle of warm water on them? Thanks for any advise! :D

Back
Top Bottom