The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

oh crud! that was to be in the april hal oh well perhaps it can help someone
hide.gif
to many tabs not enough brains

Well my little #8 is still alive and very active. It can't walk normal. It's kinda like a child when they are learning to walk and they lean forward and have to run to keep from falling over. Thats what this little one does. i noticed that it's toe on the outside of it's left foot is red and curves upward. I booted it to see if that will help. maybe thats why it can't balance. The other chicks pick on it so I have to keep it by itself so it gets alot of attention. Right now it's in it's little brooder next to me on my desk chirping like mad. It wants me to hold it. I got it to peck at some food and it ate about a half dozen pieces and drank some water. I won't be able to get any nutridrench till friday so hopefully it will hang in there. I have another hatch due on the 30th. My first batch in my new Brinsea.

Well my little #8 is still alive and very active. It can't walk normal. It's kinda like a child when they are learning to walk and they lean forward and have to run to keep from falling over. Thats what this little one does. i noticed that it's toe on the outside of it's left foot is  red and curves upward. I booted it to see if that will help. maybe thats why it can't balance. The other chicks pick on it so I have to keep it by itself so it gets alot of attention. Right now it's in it's little brooder next to me on my desk chirping like mad. It wants me to hold it. I got it to peck at some food and it ate about a half dozen pieces and drank some water. I won't be able to get any nutridrench till friday so hopefully it will hang in there. I have another hatch due on the 30th. My first batch in my new Brinsea.

I have a little one that's booted too right now. It unzipped the shell almost competely and stopped. It was very cemented in and now has curled feet. His little outside toes curl down under his feet and the toes on the one for look curled in. I have so many babies in the brooder that the little one keeps getting knocked over. Doesn't help that he's a little bantam silkie and most of the others are LF. So he's been hanging out on my lap most of the day lol. Good luck with your baby!

Quote:
tongue2.gif
I'm still worried/ aggravated. I set 90 eggs and only 51 were fertile. Not counting the assisted chicks that died after hatch, 22 is the final count. I just don't see the other 2 hatching. 56% fertility on the entire hatch with a 43% hatch rate is pretty bad. On the bright, though, it gives me something to work on for the next hatch. I'm collecting eggs from both pens to set next week to recheck fertility since the switch. Plus, I really want to see what my Maransx eggs are going to look like when they hatch!

P.S. I'm seriously considering annoyed with my Andalusians. 3 more eggs in the incubator and have been there for a week. They still aren't fertile. I just need to get them a roo and get them out of Blizzard's pen. He just doesn't seem to be into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razadia

22 chicks have hatched and there are still 2 eggs in the incubator.

and you were worried!!! loooooookkkieeeeeeee RAZ awesome!
tongue2.gif
I'm still worried/ aggravated. I set 90 eggs and only 51 were fertile. Not counting the assisted chicks that died after hatch, 22 is the final count. I just don't see the other 2 hatching. 56% fertility on the entire hatch with a 43% hatch rate is pretty bad. On the bright, though, it gives me something to work on for the next hatch. I'm collecting eggs from both pens to set next week to recheck fertility since the switch. Plus, I really want to see what my Maransx eggs are going to look like when they hatch!

P.S. I'm seriously considering annoyed with my Andalusians. 3 more eggs in the incubator and have been there for a week. They still aren't fertile. I just need to get them a roo and get them out of Blizzard's pen. He just doesn't seem to be into them.
tongue!!!
lau.gif
but but but lookatum!!! there so cute!!! You will nail it next time!! yer getting warmed up!! lol

Back
Top Bottom