The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

My very first hatch is over, what an exciting time. My 5 are doing well and I owe it all to byc!!!! Thank you all for being here! I read a lot and have learned so very much by all the posts.. Couldn't have done it with out y'all. I really want to put some pics up but I am having an issue with my phone I just keep getting a big cancel bar. And upload will not work.
1f615.png

Ok so I have a chicken egg ( sorta larger than average) and it's been rocking back and forth throughout the day should I assist it because it has not pipped yet I'm getting worried

Ok so I have a chicken egg ( sorta larger than average) and it's been rocking back and forth throughout the day should I assist it because it has not pipped yet I'm getting worried
Leave it for now. If it's only started doing it today, it hasn't been long enough yet. It can take them a while to get into position before they pip externally.

Quote: @Sally Sunshine
Yes, I can tag you with updates!
thumbsup.gif

I'm not sure if I'll be joining the April HAL. I'll be incubating...but things are getting busy here.
I'll see.

** I forgot to add that I thought about what you mentioned about the speed of the fan I was using. Instead of having it plugged in as 120, I disconnected the adaptor and plugged it into the usb on my surge bar. That slowed the fan down, so I'm trying it that way.
woot.gif

Last edited:
Loving all these chickie pictures!
We have two hatched out, we'll see about the remaining 3. No pips yet.

Here is our first hatcher, an Ameracauna x Australorp:

Aaand a little family collage:

He/she looks like SUCH an inquisitive chick! Like he's thinking about solving world problems or something....lol.
Very sweet!
love.gif

I only had 2 hatch out of 79 set
1f4b8.png
Only 24 made it to lockdown but the 2 that hatched are perfectly healthy babies. Not sure how they hatched ok but not the others
1f615.png
New incubator is on its way (Sorry @Sally Sunshine but I don't have time to build one right now and I must set more eggs
1f609.png
) The babies that hatched are a BCM and a gold partridge brahma.

Back
Top Bottom