The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Naked chickie taking a bath
Eta: he's six weeks old why is he not feathering out?

It could be a breed trait, we hatched a strain of barred rock which took ages to feather in...the cockerels were still like your little one till 8-10 weeks or more.
If you have multiple chicks of the same breed and sex and one is different then it could be a problem with nutrient absorption or just an anomaly. Watch for any other problems and if you are breeding birds you should mark it and make a note about it feathering slowly ( it could be used as a deciding factor when choosing breeding stock in the future )

I would add water if the humidity went below 35% or so, but I wasn't very consistent about it. The manual for my incubator suggests keeping humidity around 50-60% until day 18 then boosting it by adding water.

I use a very old trick to get my chicks to feather out, Try feeding them hard boiled eggs but just a little at first and after a few days they will eat more and more of the hard boiled eggs ..

I got the old trick from my grand paw back in the 1960's and it worked back then and I use it today .

Wow that's awful!! I don't think aggressive dogs of any breed should be tolerated but especially one with such a bad rap already. Unfortunately people think it's cool to be aggressive and mean/scary and look tough
sad.png
and, clearly, let them loose in your case. Plus they just breed any dog together and a lot of them are mutts or could possibly have bad parents just cause they're cool or the puppies make money or whatever. I think that if you're going to have a pit bull or bully breed, or just any dog, you should be responsible with it and not let it roam. Especially since clearly that one is aggressive. They aren't supposed to be but I guess it happens with mutts being bred or people only breeding for looks and a "tough" dog. I'm sorry you had problems with it
sad.png
have you tried reporting them? If not for the attack then at least for letting it roam. Maybe that would get them to contain it.
hmm.png
Her exact words were that we can't tie it up because it attacks us.

I had a partridge rock feather out very slow like that. I know it wasn't lack of nutrients because I had 29 other chicks feathering great with him. I think it has to be genetics. But he eventually feathered out just fine.

Back
Top Bottom